Hurting Husband

Options
I am realatively new to diet and exercise and have been having a blast working out. For the last month I have been taking group classes and working out solo and losing a little weight until this....

My 18 year old son got into some trouble when he was 17. he is currently paying fines and finishing up probation. He didn't go to juvie instead had a curfew. He has been doing fairly well and talking about college. He applied and got his financial aid in order. A few weeks ago he quit his job for a very good reason. I told him just to take the summer off before college, do a little fishing and going to the gym.
Almost a month ago he quit staying at my house. I had no idea why. I assumed he was mad at me for something and instead of talking to him I gave him some space.
4th of July my husband (his step father) told me that he told my son since he didn't have a job he needed to move out! Needless to say I was beyond angry. He finally relented and told my son that I didn't agree with his decision and he could come back home. of course my son still sees that his step father still believes he shouldn't be there and he wont come home.

Since all of this has happened I have lost all desire to go to the gym and I don't care what I eat. How can I get back that gusto i had once before?

Replies

• lslough
    lslough Posts: 32
    Options
    I am realatively new to diet and exercise and have been having a blast working out. For the last month I have been taking group classes and working out solo and losing a little weight until this....

My 18 year old son got into some trouble when he was 17. he is currently paying fines and finishing up probation. He didn't go to juvie instead had a curfew. He has been doing fairly well and talking about college. He applied and got his financial aid in order. A few weeks ago he quit his job for a very good reason. I told him just to take the summer off before college, do a little fishing and going to the gym.
    Almost a month ago he quit staying at my house. I had no idea why. I assumed he was mad at me for something and instead of talking to him I gave him some space.
    4th of July my husband (his step father) told me that he told my son since he didn't have a job he needed to move out! Needless to say I was beyond angry. He finally relented and told my son that I didn't agree with his decision and he could come back home. of course my son still sees that his step father still believes he shouldn't be there and he wont come home.

Since all of this has happened I have lost all desire to go to the gym and I don't care what I eat. How can I get back that gusto i had once before?
  • dantell13
    dantell13 Posts: 71
    Options
    Do lose your will power. Your Son needs you to be healthy. We are in similar situations except my son can live at home forever as far as I am concerned. The presure of this generation is very tough. But you must take care of yourself. Keep focused and know that your whole family wants to see you healthy and happy and they will follow.
    God Bless,
    David
  • dantell13
    dantell13 Posts: 71
    Options
    My first line should have been dont lose your will power
  • lslough
    lslough Posts: 32
    Options
    thanks dantell

i figured you meant for me not to give up...:wink:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    awww hon, hang in there..

even if you find it harder to keep on track, just keep loggin into this site. Eventually just that will help you get that motivation back. Im prayin for yall!
  • cecreech
    cecreech Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You can't help what your son does, or what your husband does. You only control you. You can do this, you can lose weight and get control of your life. Let the lioness inside come out and be that wonderful woman that you know you are deep inside. :happy:
  • sewtoday123
    Options
    I agree with what the person before me stated - you cannot control what others say or make their choices for them. What you can control is what choice you make now. Your choice is now before you is how to make you feel and look healthy. Do not allow others to take that control from you. You are in control of your life. Your son is over 18 and he has made his choice, your husband made his choice as to what he would say to your son without first consulting you. First of all, do what I do when I am stress out from my husband I mediate or exercise on the subject. Everything seems better after I have thought about the subject. Sorry I went on, but do not allow what has happend to make a healthy situation turn bad, turn it around to make a healthy situation. Prove that you are in controll.