New Here!

Options
Hello everyone! I found this site by searching "curb late night hunger" and browsing through that thread, I knew it would be a great idea to join up and get some support and help for my weight loss!

I'm 23 years old, barely 5'3" and I weight 165 lbs. I'm at my heaviest and I have the stretch marks to prove it.
In high school and would never eat, and if I did, I threw it up. My lowest was 108. Thankfully I ditched the ex who contributed to that behavior and I have allowed myself to eat.

Problem is, I went from being stressed and no appetite, to eating everything in sight if I'm upset...or bored...or, whatever.

I've been working on it, and I finally just got a new job which will help with my activity and when I can afford it I hope to renew my gym membership.

A little about me; I consider myself a gamer. PC and Xbox 360 mostly. I place everything from RPGs to FPS.
I'm a fanatical reader and easily spend hours on it.
I'm a nerd and quite obsessed with things like Harry Potter and Star Wars.

There's a lot to cover about me, and if you want to know anything, just PM me. =) Just wanted to say hi and I'm glad I found this website! I think it's going to really help me achieve my goal.

Replies

• I'm new too! I used this two years go and it was great motivation! I look forward to loosing weight and feeling great! :)
  • Juhreen27
    Options
    Hello fellow Newbie! =) I am so excited. This seems far more organized than other sites I have tried in the past. Plus the forums are fantastic motivators for me.

May we both reach our goals! =)
  • BlackenedAmber
    Options
    Hello!!! x). I am so glad to have come across you! You sound like you share my interets. Haha! Anyways, yes, stumbling across MFP is the best thing you have done. This site makes even 45 pounds look easy to drop. I am here in case you need any help or advice! I am no professional, but I have been through this journey =).
  • Reghan_Nichole
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new here also and a fellow nerd :) There is so much support on this site! Boredom eating is my biggest struggle! Have s wonderful journey :)
  • Juhreen27
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm always here for support if you need it as well =)

Seriously this site makes it seem doable, and not quite as daunting. It makes you focus on the day by day, not all of it at once.

Fellow nerds! Yay! ^_^ I'm trying so hard not to eat before bed...but I'm so hungry. Gonna try some hot tea methinks. Or popcorn.
    Of course if I could just fall asleep that'd be super as well haha.
  • pinkyfiglan
    Options
    :blushing: Hi Fellas I am also new here and need your support in this journey. I currently weigh 264lb and want to loose 55lb.
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!!! :)
    I bid you good luck on this wonderful journey and hope to hear more of your successes down the track! :) I am always up for new friends so if needed, flick a request my way - I am very motivational as I know what you are going through. Its not easy!
  • ForLife365
    Options
    Hey, I'm also new here and a similar age so feel free to add me and best of luck! :flowerforyou:
  • DonnaW_78
    DonnaW_78 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp guys! This place is amazing & you'll make heaps of inspiring & motivational friends along the way. Feel free to FR me. I've been on here daily since April & I'm loving it. I've lost weight & learned so much. Enjoy & good luck :)