One Year Here (with some pics :) )

Options
joyfuljoy65
joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
Well, its a year since I first logged into MFP and wondered how this was going to help me in my never ending battle of the bulge. I have struggled with my weight all my life - my parents tell me I was put on my first diet when I was one year old!!!

9 years ago I weighed just over 19 stone after divorce and comfort eating had taken their toll, and had a health scare of borderline diabetes shock me into realising I had to do SOMETHING so I went on the Rosemary Conley diet and exercise plan and also the GI diet and managed to lose about 3 stone. This helped my health somewhat and I become comfortable with living at about 16 stone - which as a size 18 (UK) I didnt feel too bad about.

meJune2004.jpg

(me June 2004 at 19 stone, size 22 (UK))

I met my second husband 7 years ago and we got married 5 years ago in October - I weighed about 16 stone 5lb then and at the time thought I looked fine.... I knew I was a big girl (and yes I am taller than my husband but seeing we don't mind then neither should anyone else!) but I managed to convince myself I always would be and to stop worrying about it.

341_45541597348_3352_n.jpg

(October 2008)

By the time last year came round, this had crept up to 16 stone 10.5lb and I could feel them extra pounds starting to drag me back down the path towards that scary unhealthy place so decided to do something about it again. My husband was also concerned about his weight so he decided to join in, so on my birthday at the start of August we agreed to try and lose a stone each. Well by this time last year (ie 3 weeks later!) we were both flagging with willpower desertion, and when a friend at work suggested MFP I thought, well I will give anything a go!!!

I have to say that this last year, the battle of the bulge has been finally won. I have found losing 63lb - 4.5 stone! - the easiest ever. No faddy diets, no feelings of depriving myself of favourite foods - just learning moderation, portion sizes, and that it really is as simple as the amount of energy put into my body has to be slightly less than the amount of energy my body uses to lose weight. Also the support of great people on the same journey has helped so much - thank you guys - you are all awesome!!! And I finally got to wear a pair of size 12 jeans!!! The most unbelievable thing of all!

Oh and my wonderful husband has lost also 3.5 stone and looks amazing so between us that is a loss of 8 stone - thats nearly a whole person!!!!

44515_10150423089545001_7912459_n.jpg

(size 18 and about 16.5 stone)

IMG-20130826-00455.jpg

(size 12 jeans!!!! and 12 stone 3lbs)

1003329_10153222207140001_153590408_n.jpg

I have just 3lbs to go to be normal BMI - that is my goal. I am 5'9" so I think that is a reasonable weight for me. Nearly there!!

Replies

• mizjohnston
    mizjohnston Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    What a great transformation. Looking great! :smile:
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success. You have done an awesome job!!!!!!

good luck on the rest of your journey and congrats :)
  • misti777
    misti777 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great. :)
  • binor
    binor Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great. Congratulations
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Terrific! You both look great! Congrats!
  • micqs
    micqs Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fabulous!!!!
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    wow what a difference!! u look amazing! good for you!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    incredible
  • Skinny_foodie
    Options
    SUCH an inspiration! Congratulations!!! :) on all fronts! :happy: ::happy:
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I never get tired of seeing these amazing transformations. I bet 1 year never met so much.
  • lanoreco
    lanoreco Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You both look great!! Congrats :drinker:
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Incredible! You look great!
  • Rosie958r
    Rosie958r Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
    Great job :)
  • nettie219
    nettie219 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You both look so great Congratulations on the weight loss! I just started so a year from now I'll hope to be in a size 12 that would be a dream come true. I have to lose 104 lbs. I can't wait to be where you are now. One sweet day!!! Happy for you both!!!!

48193786.png
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation! Well done!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 4,103 Member
    Options
    Wow Joy, I know you promised us some good transformation pics but these are awesome! You look like an entirely different person! You have done so brilliantly, and are such a good motivator to the rest of our little Fitfam - I feel privileged to be one of your pals!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Great job! You both look terrific!
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing!!!
  • Sonj1973
    Sonj1973 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing....inspiring :)
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, half the woman you use to be :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!