Replies

• noura80
    noura80 Posts: 47
    Options
    This is the 2nd part

fit_zpsc062aa4c.png
  • Eandretta96
    Options
    Net calories consumed/ day is the amount you should be eating per day after calories burned. That's just an estimate. Adjust depending on how much you lose or gain.

As for fitness goals, that won't affect your caloric goal. It just a goal you plan to hit.
  • Eandretta96
    Options
    For the second part, 1200 calories puts you at an estimated 620 caloric deficit and half a kilo is what you would lose per week if you ate 1200 per week. Of course it's all an estimate.
  • Eandretta96
    Options
    Net calories consumed/ day is the amount you should be eating per day after exercise calories burned.. That's just an estimate. Adjust depending on how much you lose or gain.

As for fitness goals, that won't affect your caloric goal. It just a goal you plan to hit.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    what exactly do you want to know?!
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be honest, I don't know what part of it you want explaining. It's pretty straight forward...
  • noura80
    noura80 Posts: 47
    Options
    what exactly do you want to know?!

the 2nd image..all of it. I'm confused
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    depending on your starting weight, gender, age, activity level, goal weight and what you want to loose a week MFP calculates what your BMR is...BMR is what calories you burn just by living your normal life.

IE I am a 40 year old woman who weights 171 lbs and have a desk job so I chose sedendary with 1lb a week to loose.

It gave me 1850 BMR and a calorie goal of 1350. My deficet is 500 calories a day without taking into account any exercise I do.

Any exercise you have entered in is not being taken into account and you need to eat those calories back to a certian degree.

Now if you have customized this and new to exercise and weight loss don't....just left MFP do it for you.

Otherwise it's telling you to eat 1200 calories a day and then eat your exercise calories back. Simple easy.
  • DocMarr
    DocMarr Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    It basically means, if you work out 6 times a week for 45 minutes and eat 1820 calories per day, then you will have a calorie deficit (be eating less than you burn) of an average of 620 calories a day, which means you should lose 0.5kg (approx. a pound) per week.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It basically means, if you work out 6 times a week for 45 minutes and eat 1820 calories per day, then you will have a calorie deficit (be eating less than you burn) of an average of 620 calories a day, which means you should lose 0.5kg (approx. a pound) per week.

actually the amount you say you work out has no baring on the calories you are given. its just so you can track whether you do that much exercise, it doesnt affect calories.

the OP has a deficit of 620 cals BEFORE exercise - thats why MFP works by getting you to NET your calorie goal, by eating back exercise calories.
  • noura80
    Options
    Thank you all for relying to my questions. Where would we be without you MFPs :heart: