Need to get back on track, but how?

Options
So for the past couple months I've been gaining again all the weight I lost and more. This needs to stop now. I don't know where to start though... One day I'll just eat so much that I'm disgusted of myself afterwards and another day I will eat next to nothing because I'm scared I'll get fat... but then end up eating candy/ice cream at night anyways because I'm hungry... My metabolism is all over the place...

I WANT to get back on track, but I need to do it in steps, please give me tips!

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Set a calorie goal, plan meals
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Set a calorie goal, plan meals

Pretty much that.

When you don't eat you set yourself up. Plan food and eat it and you won't be so hungry that you could gnaw off your own arm.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I find having a reason for the ultimate goal helps. When I first started it was for a highschool anniversary...didn't want to see old friends looking like a blob. This time it is a sporting event I want to lose weight and be in good shape for.

Is there something that you can use for motivation? Other than just creating a healthier lifestyle?
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Decide to do it, and do it. Get rid of all the crap in the house, replace it with healthy snacks, take some before photos and measurements, plan a healthy and sustainable calorie goal (too low and you'll binge) and get started!
  • lindacollins78
    lindacollins78 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This is what I would do . . .

1. Eat at maintenance for a couple of weeks and log everything. This will get you in the routine of planning your day in the morning.
    2. Plan at least one goodie everyday. This will help you avoid the binges of going all out. Get your goodie and not feel guilty for eating it.
    3. After maintaining for a minimum of a couple of weeks (longer if you like), start cutting slowly. Maybe for the first week of cutting, try 100 to 200 calories less than maintenance. Not a huge difference and easier done.
    4. Once you move to 500 calories under maintenance, stay there! Don't cut any more! You'll lose weight slowly but steadily and you won't feel near as deprived.
    5. Don't freak out if you eat above your goal. Forgive yourself and move on.

It's what I have done and I'm half way to my goal.:smile:
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Don't buy the "junk" food, so its not at the house.
    No need to reinvent the wheel here. Remember what you did before you got off track, and go back to doing that. It worked for you.
  • xSilke
    xSilke Posts: 31
    Options
    Thanks you all!
  • Michielynn222
    Michielynn222 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    fill up on healthy stuff! 2 cups of veggies at dinner (half a plate) and you will be full!