Frustrated......

Options
So frustrated..... What more do I need to do for this weight to come off???? I'm working out like crazy, and I have to say my eating is pretty good for at least 85% of the time!!! No weight loss this week!!! GRRRRR

I know the mistake I did not take my measurement's when I started. However I do see I've slimed down and more toned! but I really want the scale to move...

Replies

• Beebee78
    Options
    I've just had a quick look at your diary and from what I can see you are just not eating enough - 600 calories in a day is so little - you need at least 1200 plus eat back some of your exercise calories. If you do this I can guarantee you will see the scales shift xxx
  • repochick
    repochick Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I understand your frustration. I felt the same way this week when I didn't lose any weight. I did start taking my measurements about two weeks ago. I was told to measure every two weeks so I did it this week and found I lost 5 inches total in my body. That was a huge lift for me.

So my advice is take your measurements today and keep plugging at it. I have learned that slow is good. Even though the number on the scale isn't moving, you can see the difference in the mirror. Just try to stay positive..
    Good Luck in your Journey.
  • motoxmom1
    Options
    You're body has gone into survival mode because you aren't consuming enough calories. Start eating more calories and the weight WILL come off! Good luck!
  • lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness... I am eating all my 1200..... If you looked at todays diary it's not completed! (mind you I had a rough Saturday):sad:
    I've just had a quick look at your diary and from what I can see you are just not eating enough - 600 calories in a day is so little - you need at least 1200 plus eat back some of your exercise calories. If you do this I can guarantee you will see the scales shift xxx
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I agree with the first poster, you should not have more than 100 or so calories remaining each day as MFP already has a caloric deficit built in. It appears you are not eating enough. Try leaving between 0 and 100 cals after taking into account exercise (eat most if not all of your exercise calories) and never go below 1200 cals. Good luck.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness... I am eating all my 1200..... If you looked at todays diary it's not completed! (mind you I had a rough Saturday):sad:

you are not eating all your calories many days you still have 400-500 cals remaining.
  • Beebee78
    Options
    I looked back further than today and you're definitely not getting enough calories chick xxx
  • lalouli
    Options
    Been there! I think the last post's advice is important, plus to even cut back a tad on working out. Enough to keep seeing the difference in toning will keep you motivated, but not so much that you feel like your punishing yourself. You can start now with the measurements to see your progress better too. I lost an inch off of my waist one week, without dropping a pound. Don't give up! It will start to show up soon.
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hey when I first started I was eating around 800 to 900 cals daily and Nothing shifted Even though I was healthy eating nothing moved anywhere. I uped my cals and then my weight started shifting fast. Just try and up it just by a 100 cals and see if it makes the difference x
  • lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    This is why I love:heart: this site so much....... Thanks everyone!!!:flowerforyou: I know my problem of not eating all my workout caloreis!! I'm afraid to, as I think the calorie burn on MFP maybe a little high at times, Like yesterday I did a step class mfp says it burns574.... could this be right????
    Is there something I can use/wear to see the calorie burn??
  • repochick
    repochick Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Everyone tells me to get a Heart Rate Monitor. There are ones out there that calculate your calories, miles, etc. Check out the forum on HRM. It was very helpful. :glasses:
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I Love LOVE my HRM. Now when I put calories in for exercise I know they are accurate.

It is such a hard thing for us to wrap our heads around "eat more to lose weight' but it's true. ALSO DRINK YOUR WATER! Make healthy choices in your food and you will see progress. Take measurements though too!

I weight in on Wednesday and I may have to UP my calories ... Again, hard to wrap my head around but it's true!
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Hugs....I know it can be frustrating. You got a lot of great advice already, just offering up some support and prayers. You'll get there. Just remember, you didn't gain the weight overnight...it will come off eventually/ Check out the tread "Dear Scale" it's great.
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Here is the "Dear Scale" thread.....you really should read it!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/120363-dear-scale?hl=Dear+Scale