Super effective workouts? Preferable free and at home:)

Options
I'm looking for workouts that burn lots of calories in a short amount of time;) I will be able to go to the gym 2-3 days a week, but most of these need to be able to be done at home. Thanks in advance:)

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    HIIT training- lots of stuff on youtube

bodyrock.tv >>>>>> thedailyhiit.com
    bloglates has some great stuff
    nerdfitness.com
    angrytrainerfitness.com
    lovingfit.com (although her's admittedly are a little longer)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Don't count on workouts for your weight loss. Most of your weight will come off with diet. Exercise is for fitness.
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Take a look at this :noway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDpB8pWEjhk
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I do most of my workouts the couple times a week I make it to the gym, but when I'm at home I do little things: Crunches, pushups, planks while watching TV; I have some weights I use at low-ish weights and high reps on the couch. I do squats with one of my kids on my shoulders. I figure, I'm doing something, and that's better than nothing.

Weather permitting, there's always running laps in the neighborhood or bicycling, too. For me, running burns a LOT more calories than cycling.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I'll add fitnessblender.com to Jo's list. They have some hella intense HIIT videos.
  • rjs0416
    rjs0416 Posts: 23
    Options
    This is not really the way to go. Sure, exercise is great, but right now you should focus on your food intake and quality. If your diary today is any indication of the food you're eating, you're consuming around 1500 calories a day. Depending on your weight and age, that might be putting your net calories (after walking for the day) below 1200, placing your body in starvation mode.

You're quite a bit like me when I started my fitness journey. I was eating a low number of calories, but of food that wasn't incredibly good for me.

Once you get around that net 1200 calories of good food, you'll begin losing weight, retaining less water (reduced sodium intake) and will feel better.

Once you get your diet squared away, then focus on exercise routines. In the meantime, just do some walking while the weather is nice.

Right now, if you're doing anything, do jumping jacks, body weight lunges, or body weight squats during commercials if you watch TV at night.

Making too many lifestyle changes at once will reduce your willpower significantly and hurt any progress that you make.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    My elliptical machine set on its toughest program, 750 cal burn in ony 45 min.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    get a jump rope
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Running. Only investment you need to really make are proper shoes.