Is it realistic for men to get back to high school weight?

Options
is it?

Replies

• crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    yes
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I'd say it depends on the man/weight.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I graduated in 1988 at 278 lbs. and that was down 24 lbs. from the end of my senior football season (was dropping to make weight for when I left for the US Army after graduation..... but by 2009 my weight skyrocketed to 560 lbs. but as of today I have been in maintenance for the past 11 months at 250lbs. so I would say yeah you can get back there and then some.... Best of Luck
  • 1capybara
    1capybara Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    why not? im within 8 lbs of my HS grad wt :)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I was in the 270's back in 1998. I'm about 15 lbs away from hitting that though I am still smaller in size pants 40/42 in the waist, and 1-2XL shirts now than I was back then. Back in high school I was 44/46 pants and 2-3XL size in shirts.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    depends... for some yes, for others no.

For me, there's not a chance.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    2004 I must of been about 182lbs if not more, 9years on im 153lbs so yep. Suppose I do have age on my side to a degree
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Depends on when you developed and what you want now. I filled out a lot in college, would have to cut muscle to get back to 190lbs, but at 204 I am a heck of a lot more muscular.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Depends on when you developed and what you want now. I filled out a lot in college, would have to cut muscle to get back to 190lbs, but at 204 I am a heck of a lot more muscular.

^^^This. I was skinny in high school. Filled out in college and looked good when I graduated. So, I am now back to my college graduation weight and even leaner now than I was then. Life is good.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I weigh almost sixty pounds less than I did at the end of high school. I'm pretty sure that I was three inches shorter the last time I was at this weight.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Why high school weight out of curiosity?

Women are constantly stuck on that number as well- and I"m not sure why because most people don't look their best at high school weight.

But yes- the answer is sure- you can... but you might want to re-evaluate if that's really the weight you want to shoot for in the big picture.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Definitely possible. I am under my graduating weight, and plan to go lower.

I guess it depends on the person. If they were overweight in HS then obviously you can get to that point or lower.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    I'm there now, so yes.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    I got back to my high school weight last year at 168. I believe that for me that was too light and I was getting pretty weak. SInce then I have changed my workouts and am now at 183 at around 12% bodyfat (The weight I was when I was most fit in the Army at age 27.
  • JamesDanek
    JamesDanek Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I weigh 30lb less than I did when I left school (I was a bit of a fatty though)
  • Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    100% possible. I too am in the best shape of my life at 40.
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I am about 10 pounds lighter now than I was in high school. In fairness, I was a bit more muscular then.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    Options
    Possible, but for me I wouldn't want to since I graduated at about 126lbs.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    It depends on the individual. My two nephews graduated high school this year, so I saw a lot of teenage boys at their parties. Most of these kids were skinny with hardly any muscle mass. I think I had bigger biceps than most of them. :blushing:

Same goes for women. I was about 108 pounds when I graduated. My lean mass alone is more than that now, so it would be a ridiculous goal for me.