Plan for the week - Need your help !!!

Options
Hey all wonderful ppl out there,

Happy Monday!!!

I REALLY NEED YOUR GUIDANCE AND HELP!!! SORRY FOR A LONG POST BUT I REALLY NEED TO GET THINGS RIGHT... MANY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP....

I weighed myself this morning and unfortunately I haven’t lost any weight since past one week. Na Na Na Na Na !! I won’t let this demotivate me....but I do recognize that I am doing something wrong somewhere... and so it’s time to change...I think it’s of a test and trial during initial phase of weight loss... I need to understand what my body responds to best and then continue with the game plan...May be I am not eating right or not exercising enough.

I went shopping during the weekend and got a protein powder....Yay !! (Maxitone Sculptress -http://www.maxitone.com/sculptress) Good or Bad??? Any reviews?

Current Weight & Measurements:

Height – 170 cms
Current Weight – 106 kgs.
Calf (6 inches from knees) – 49 cms
Thighs (widest Part) – 87 cms
Hips (widest Part) – 127 cms
Waist (Thinnest Part) – 92 cms
Upper Arms (5 inches from shoulder) – 37 cms

So here is my plan for this week...There are days when I work out in the morning ... and there are days when I work out in the evenings....Considering my body shape and weight..Please lemme know if I am doing it right and suggest changes if you feel the need...I am going to weigh myself on next Sunday morning again and hoping to see some progress with weight loss.

Diet Changes for the week: Calorie Intake every day - 1400

1) Start taking protein shake – Daily protein intake around – 100 gms (Enough ??)
a. (Morning Workouts) Post Workout
b. (Evening Workouts) Early morning and post workouts.

2) Thankfully, I am not addicted to tea/coffee/soft drinks/juices. In fact, I drink only water throughout the day!!! I plan to start having green tea at least 3-4 times a day.

Current Exercise Plans:

Current: I usually try and workout at least 6 days a week ( 3 days - Weight training..3 days - Cardio)

Workout1: Weight Training (In the order I do)

1) Start with warmup on Elliptical Trainer – 10-15 mins.
2) Weights Training – Usually upper body
3) Treadmill (somehow I really find it difficult to do treadmill – but I try my best ) : 10 mins – Speed 5.5, Incline 1.5, Increase incline by 1.0 after every min... start decline by 1.0 after 6 mins..
4) Spin ball Wall Squats – 15 reps - 2 sets – with 6 kgs weight in each hand.
5) Lunges – 15 reps – 2 sets
6) Crunches on Swiss ball – 15 reps – 2 sets
7) Stretching

Workout2: Cardio

1) Elliptical Trainer – 15-20 mins.
2) Treadmill (somehow I really find it difficult to do treadmill, I feel I just cant walk properly with this heavy body – but I promise to try my best ) : 10 mins – Speed 5.5, Incline 1.5, Increase incline by 1.0 after every min... start decline by 1.0 after 6 mins..
3) Upright Bike – 15 mins - Level 8 - 70 to 80 RPM
4) Lunges – 15 reps – 2 sets
5) Squats – 15 reps – 2 sets – 6 kg weight in each hand.
6) Crunches on Swiss ball – 15 reps – 2 sets
7) Stretching

Plan for the week:

Try a Spin class (not sure if I will be able to do well.. I might have to go slow to start with because I need to be careful about my knees)

Monday –
6:30 pm to 7 pm – Cardio (Elliptical Trainer, Bike, Treadmill)
7 pm to 8 pm – Body Pump Class (Weight Training Studio Class)

Tuesday –
8:00 am to 9:00 am - Cardio
7:45 pm- 8:45 pm - Zumba

Wednesday –
8:00 to 9:00 - Cardio
6:30 pm to 7 pm – Cardio / Spinning Class

Thursday –
8 am to 9 am – Personal Trainer Session – Weight Training + Cardio
7:15 pm to 8:00 pm – Spinning class

Friday –
7:30 am to 9:00 am – Cardio

Saturday –
Cardio + Weight Training (Not sure about the timings yet!)

Sunday – REST!! RELAX!! CHILL!!

It will be really helpful if you can please review and let me know your opinion about my plan..Dos n Donts...Goods n Bads ... I always take criticism constructively.

I wont let failure bog me down... I will surely keep you posted about my progress and will be honest to the core if I miss out on any workout...All the best to me !!! :)

Replies

• sallyLunn
    Options
    Seems manic. I hope it works for you. I'm just not that organized. I've also not done shakes, although there are those on this site who like them.
  • buffalogal1979
    buffalogal1979 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    HI,
    I just took a real quick look and my first thought, is that maybe you aren't getting enough calories? It seems like you are working out pretty hard and averaging @ 1000/day.
    Make sure you eat your daily requirement PLUS your exercise cals. Regardless of your workouts, I would think you shouldn't have any less than 1200 cals on any given day.
    Good luck!
    J
  • hammod
    Options
    I personally don't think you are eating enough for your height and your weight. A good rule to follow is to take your weight times 10 and that should be how many calories you should consume to maintain your weight. so 2330 calories per day - now drop 500 calories per day down to 1830 calories and you should lose a lb a week, but it doesn't always work that way and you should try to be patient. (you will also lose more weight from exercise) Especially if you are weight training. When you build muscle sometimes your weight will go up at first as the muscle builds and then as the muscle starts to burn fat your weight will start to go down. Some weeks you may lose 2 lbs, some weeks you may lose 5 lbs and other weeks you may not lose anything. The body is constantly adjusting to the changes you make so be patient. Just know that even if the weight doesn't drop one week you are still doing awesome things for it. I always like the saying "slow and steady wins the race". Good luck to you. Keep us updated. :)
  • I can't afford them, but I have a friend who's a BeachBody Coach, and she swears by the Shakeology. Since I'm not one to push a particular protein shake I'll just say that they're probably a good addition to your plan. You might want to take a look at your nutritional numbers for things like sod, prot, carbs, etc, and make sure they're at good levels. If your sodium # is over 1500 you might want to adjust it down to about 1000. Don't shy away from carbs ... Just make sure your carb intake is composed of complex carbs. I know you didn't ask specific questions relating to your diet, but this is the area I know something about. As for the exercise schedule .... I'd say it's set up well, but just remember not to overdo the amount of weight as you start. I didn't "quote" so I don't remember everything, but some specific resistance training is also a good add! I do remember that you're seeing a personal trainer, and that's an EXCELLENT idea!! The alternating of cardio and weights is exactly what's recommended ... So kudos on your workout schedule! I noticed that you listed your measurements ... Did you also do measurements when you started? If you did, and these #'s are an improvement ... Don't forget to give yourself a pat on the back for that!! My opinion is that measurements tell us a lot more about improving our bodies than just the #'s on the scale. OK ... So for somebody that doesn't know all that much I guess I've rambled enough! Good luck ... Post later when your new plan is under way, and let us know how it's going!

KIM
  • teaqueen
    Options
    Since you have access to a personal trainer, you should ask them what they think of your exercise routine - they are the pro's. As for my opinion - and I am no pro, I think it would be better to do a slower ( 3.0 mph), longer ( 30 min) zero incline walk on the treadmill. Better for your knees & your back. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. Keep us informed on your progress