Hello - need support and motivation

Options
Simple fact - I'm sick of being fat. I'm sick of catching sight of myself in the mirror, or seeing myself in a photo and cringing.
I have a bf who makes me very happy but also very complacent, I need a kick up the *kitten* to feel happy in myself.

I'm a teacher, with freelance work in the evenings, so I don't have time to dedicate to being a fitness guru, but desperately want to lose 3 stone as quickly as possible, and keep it off for good. I dance (english folk) twice a week but then nullify it with beer and noodles. Carbs are my weakness.

So I'm desperately seeking some support, maybe I can find it here.

Leila

Replies

• Butterflymomto2
    Butterflymomto2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have been logging in over 25 days now and tracking my food. Just be honest and putting it all down and counting everything. If you want it, you can do it! Add me as a friend! I am looking for buddies on here!
  • Slinn1985
    Slinn1985 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hiya Leila!

Trust me, 2 weeks of logging everything you eat normally will change your mind when it comes to food.

After that it's all dedication and will power.

Start small, get rid of the full fat coke and go diet. The same with those Lattes - go 'skinny'.

Sugar in teas etc, try sweetener.

If you like sandwiches from supermarkets, go with the healthy range rather than the high in saturated fat Chicken & Stuffing type ones.

Even on nights where you feel like drinking, a bottle of Coors light is 109 calories as opposed to 200 calories in a can of Bud.

All these are really simple baby steps to getting a broader knowledge of your food.

Diet is everything, but not all food is bad. It's just about proportion.

Good luck!
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Seems to be plenty of support on here! There's nothing like a whole community of people that are headed toward the same goal!! Add me as a friend if you like! I don't dance but its such a good exercise :)
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • ktoliver28
    ktoliver28 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Everyone can add me. I need to get under 200 lbs ASAP but I know it won't be easy.
  • rswalls
    rswalls Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat (good & bad) and all my exercise as well - feel free to add me :-)
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I would forget trying to do this quickly. Set yourself up with a reasonable calorie goal that will allow you to lose weight slowly while still enjoying the foods you love. My exercise is very inconsistent for a number of reasons, so I sometimes go weeks just eating my calorie goal and not earning more with exercise. I've been perfectly fine with that because my higher calorie goal allows me to eat plenty and still lose weight.

Try telling MFP you want to lose 1 pound a week. It will give you more calories to work with and will make the whole process much more pleasant. You'll be more likely to keep the weight off if you lose it slowly.
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher too and in the same boat as you! I had got up to 99lbs lost and have recently put on rather than lost! So maybe we could help each other? I am determined to get going back in the right direction.

Feel free to add me. Good luck.

Sarah
  • laurelboynton
    laurelboynton Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi Leila.

Well done for joining!

I'll send you a friend add. I log very regularly and find this site fantastic for helping me keep my weight on track.,
    Laurel :) x
  • Looking2blittler
    Looking2blittler Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Leila,

Please fell free to add me if you want to. We can encourage each other.

I know it seems hard. I'm not a fitness guru, either. IN fact, this week is the first time I have been to the gym more than two times in a week in years...and YEARS! But I am great at fitting little bits of exercise in the oddest of places. Last night, my daughter and I turned on the stereo full blast and just danced around the house. I got a workout twice as good as any exercise class, got to spend time with my daughter and felt GREAT afterwards. Park at the far end of the parking lot when running errands, and find something that you enjoy doing, because you will be a lot more likely to do it if you like it.

I am trying to make sustainable changes that I know will become more of a lifestyle, rather than a quick weight loss band-aid. Just the wanting to do something means not all is lost. Good luck.... :smile:
  • suffokscouse
    Options
    Hi Leila, me too - just joined a group of 6 ladies in Bury St Edmunds (ex Slimming World) - our group closed and it is certainly helping. Happy to support you. Please add me if you want to. Determined to do it this time - for goodness sake I am 65 and people say I look young for my age and I want to keep it that way but I would like a younger looking body (dont we all)?
    Options
    Hello, I'm new on here and I love the support I see so far. I am super committed to being healthy and happy and you are all welcome to add me for support. Going it alone has not worked for. Perhaps a community will help me stay on track.

-Raul