10-Minute Trainer - Any Thoughts???

Options
Hey guys!

Any of you ever heard of 10 Minute Trainer? I would love to know if anyone has tried it (or knows anyone who has) and what you think. I ordered it a couple days ago. I'm looking forward to a more targeted workout - something that hits all the muscle groups with strength and cardio focus. I've been doing mostly cardio and know I need to add strength training. I'll still probably have longer workouts by throwing in some Brazil Butt Lift and Zumba but I'm looking forward to seeing some muscular changes in my body. I would love to know if anyone has any opinions on the 10-Minute Trainer workout.

Replies

• jess4fun
    jess4fun Posts: 20
    Options
    TMT was the program we started with 2 yrs ago, at the beginning of my get fit journey, hubby was already athletic. You will get out what you put into it. It's definitely not hard core like many of the other ones out there. But if you want a harder workout, you can always double up or triple up and you still have only put in a 1/2 hour. We don't really use it anymore, currently doing t25, but I think it's a great beginning workout. Plus Tony Horton is a goofy guy, so we would crack jokes during the workout and have added getting a cup of beer to our lexicon. :drinker: Hope you enjoy it.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Without knowing anything about other than the title, I feel comfortable in calling it crap.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Without knowing anything about other than the title, I feel comfortable in calling it crap.

I tend to agree
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options

I tend to agree

This^^

But I could be a starting point? But nothing is going to benefit by doing only ten minutes.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I recommend the 10 Minute Solution series that you can pick up for peanuts (under £5 each in the UK, as opposed to nearly £70 for 10 Minute Trainer). They come with the option of selecting up to five workouts at the start, so you could 10 to 50 minutes at a time, depending on how much time you have. The Ultimate Boot Camp one is pretty hardcore!
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Good fast workouts that aren't easy. However when you get the DVDs you will see that results come with doing 3 workouts or 30 minutes a day. Anything is better than doing nothing.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options

^^
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    From what I understand, TMT is only four 10 min workouts. I think you would save money buying "Supreme 90 Day" used, three Jillian workouts to make her 30 day slimdown, Bob Harper's "Skinny Rules", etc. You can also do a lot of free 10 min workouts found on YouTube.
  • trinitylyons01
    trinitylyons01 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your input!

For those of you not familiar with the ten minute trainer it's by the same guy (Tony Horton) who created P90X, which I hear is pretty effective. The premise of ten minute trainer is quicker sessions that target every major muscle group at the same time allowing for great results in a shorter period of workout time (at least that's what all of the testimonials say). He also says add one or two other workouts to the main one if you have time. It's mainly for busy people who use that as an excuse not to do anything :-) Anyway, the link is below:

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/10_minute_trainer.do?e=b148&gclid=CI_fo7-KprkCFeV7Qgod2EwAdg&code=SEMB_GOOGLE_TMT&s_tnt=48360:3:0