How early do you get up to exercise?

Options

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:30 am to get in my marathon training or p90x work outs. The mornings are the only times I can get in a good workout since I'm so tired after work and usually get home very late. If I just get out of bed the rest of the day is great; its just getting up that is tough. Keep your goals posted near your alarm clock to keep you motivated to get up.
  • amysedwards
    amysedwards Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was definitely not an AM person - until switching personal trainers - to avoid the first one, had to start 5am sessions. That did it for me...those sessions are paid for and make me get my behind to the gym. It was hard for the first two weeks - but now my body is used to it.

Start now - so when the time changes - it will be in your favor.

Also - I used the body bugg for a while - it was astonishing the more calories I burned in a day with a 5am workout and the effect it had on the rest of the day - rather than an evening workout.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    My husband wakes me up between 4:30 & 4:45 am, he's up at 4am for work and shakes me when he's done getting ready, then I get up and take my dog for a 1/2 hour bike ride. I have the added insentive of the dog being much more well behaved when he's well and truly tuckered out. after I get back I do a video or a magazine workout (Oxygen has good ones!) and then get ready. If I try do workout in the evenings at home it just doesnt happen so I have to do it in the morning!
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    Just got to think about it this way, if you want to lose weight and get in shape you just got to do what you need to do and in the end it will pay off!! =)
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Be glad you have a choice,[some people don't],thank God your able to exercise.Remember the reasons why you want to lose the weight! The final results and how your life will change when reaching goal.....
    A.M. workouts have additional benefits--- burns stored fat, more energy for rest of day,& positive attitude[not thinking about workout all day].:grumble:
    Finally, 4:30 is great.....I get up 3 A.M. ----Always think about the positives,not negative.GOOD LUCK IN YOUR JOURNEY!:yawn:
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    My husband wakes me up between 4:30 & 4:45 am, he's up at 4am for work and shakes me when he's done getting ready, then I get up and take my dog for a 1/2 hour bike ride. I have the added insentive of the dog being much more well behaved when he's well and truly tuckered out. after I get back I do a video or a magazine workout (Oxygen has good ones!) and then get ready. If I try do workout in the evenings at home it just doesnt happen so I have to do it in the morning!

I do the same thing. My husband has to wake up at 4am to get ready for PT (he's military). So when he kisses me goodbye I know it's time for me to wake up. Sometimes I do get up at 4:30am/4:45am. But my cell phone alarm is set at 5am just in case i need 30 more mins
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Getting up early is definitely not easy. But I also find that if I wait till the evening, too many things can come up and distract me (including just lack of energy). So I get up at 5 a.m. every weekday to work out 20-40 minutes. Last week, I had early meetings at work, so I got up at 4:25 to keep my workouts on schedule. I definitely feel better after I work out, and it generally gives me more energy in the morning to be productive at work. Then that's one less thing to have to check off my list in the evenings. :)
  • Brat3073
    Options
    i GET UP AT 515AM. I PUT MY CLOTHES AT THE FOOTEND OF MY BED BEFORE I GO TO SLEEP, i dont hit the snooze button ever. the alarm goes off, i get up grab clothes and get dressed in bathroom (so i dont wake hubby), brush hair and teeth and im out the door at 545 to go to Curves for my 1/2 hours circut training workout. I love it....its quick and easy and im back home in time to get kids off to school (i have 3) and get baby breakfast! i have to workout in the morning and get it over with, because if i wait itll hubby gets home from work at 5 pm, i will never go, too tired from chasin a 19 month old all day! You dont need to work out for an hour, all you need is a half hour 3 days a week. So if you can do that and add a walk around the neighborhood after work on the other days, youll be doing good. Power walks with ankle weights i love....and i usually have my 19 month old in a backpack carrier too!
  • ambercole
    Options
    I get up at 3am to go to work so I workout after I get home and before my son get off the bus, and I workout at 7am on my days off after he gets on the bus.
  • justahorsen
    Options
    I get up at 4:30am to get ready for work....no way I'm gonna get up earlier than that to get a workout in.....:smile:
  • ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    3:30 :wink:
  • jac2lyn
    Options
    I get up at 5:00am twice a week and 5:40ish three times a week. Saturdays I am up at 7:00am and sundays are my day to sleep in. I usually take an afternoon walk on sundays.

Workin g out in the morning has mad e ahuge difference for me. Its a commitment but one that is well worth it!!! Try it 3 times a week and see how youdo!!
  • Brat3073
    Options

I do the same thing. My husband has to wake up at 4am to get ready for PT (he's military). So when he kisses me goodbye I know it's time for me to wake up. Sometimes I do get up at 4:30am/4:45am. But my cell phone alarm is set at 5am just in case i need 30 more mins

Omgosh, your before and after pic is amazing!
  • cbonuz
    Options
    I set my alarm at 0500, drink coffee until 0545 and then workout. There is no way to do it after work. If I want to lose weight and tone at the same time (don't want saggy loose skin :)) I have to make this sacrifice. I don't, however, workout for an hour at a time. I usually don't get in more than say, 25 minutes. But I think a little exercise is better than none. My "spirit" is wanting to do it everyday but it doesn't always happen :) Bottom line is, you have to make the time to do it. Good luck!
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    Who said you had to get up early? Unless that's really the only time you can work in 20 minutes, exercise when it's convenient (and not a hassle) for you -- you're more likely to stick with it.

Getting a decent amount of sleep will be very much more beneficial than getting up early to exercise. You're cutting into your body's chance to rest and repair, so you're working against yourself.

Well, I have to be at work at 7am. And to fit in a shower, getting ready, travel I would have to get up at 4:30am for 1 hour of exercise or 5am for 30 min. I work 10-12 hr days (usually around 44 hrs/wk. it just varies), so at the end of the day I feel like there's nothing left. I do make sure to get enough sleep. I strive for 8 hrs, and rarely get less than 7. So I go to bed around 9 or 10pm.
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    3:30 :wink:

WOW, you're my hero!!
  • hammod
    Options
    I get up at 4am - Mon - Fri to get to the gym by 5am - I workout for an hour then I just shower and get ready for work at the gym. Its much easier for me to get up since I have a friend I have to meet at the gym. It is hard though, but you get used to it after a while. :)
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5:15 as it is ... getting up earlier to work out is rough. I've done it - and I feel better all day for it. I am currently working out in the evenings in lieu of sleeping a little more in teh mornings - but I'm trying to psych myself into switching back to the morning ritual. As someone else said though, you've got to do what works for you. If you want it, really want it, you'll find/make the time.

Best of luck everyone!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:15 am 5 days a week.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    VERY BIG PLUS TO WORKING OUT EARLY.....

you burn more calories during the day. :D