Supersize Me!

Options
I just watched Supersize Me! Gross! I'm so glad tht I don't eat fast food. That is all.

Replies

• RMX82
    RMX82 Posts: 172
    Options
    Aww man, now you have me thinking about McDonalds, haha.
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IGtDPG4UfI

here's info about a 4 yr old McD's hamburger, it doesn't grow mold
  • ajswriter
    ajswriter Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    The documentary was definitely an eye-opener, but it didn't deter me from McD's--MyFitnessPal did when I entered the food & saw all the calories for myself! :)

I think the most interesting part was when Morgan Spurlock was feeling the "high" and then the "low" after eating. You want more, then you get depressed, so you eat more...
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    The documentary was definitely an eye-opener, but it didn't deter me from McD's--MyFitnessPal did when I entered the food & saw all the calories for myself! :)

I think the most interesting part was when Morgan Spurlock was feeling the "high" and then the "low" after eating. You want more, then you get depressed, so you eat more...

Agreed! I'm finding that if I don't eat "properly"--balanced meals and minimal processed food--I get really *really* crabby and completely exhausted within half an hour... once you clue into that, it really turns you off of fast food...
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    To take this one step further I reccomend: Food.inc
    Very eye opening. I buy local or organic now if I can afford it. I just buy less.
    Oh That McDonalds burger is so disgusting, the 3 year old one. It explains why when you find a french frie in the car it looks like someone got fast food today. It doesn't age. Yuck, that's not food.
  • dieselveins
    dieselveins Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I agree fast food as McDonald's, kfc, and the rest are completely gross. Can't stand the smell either. Have not had fast food in 7 months as well as soda. It all leaves you feeling badly afterwards. If its not healthy I don't eat it.
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Eurgh I watched that a few years back. If I eat McDonalds or KFC or Burger King I feel sick xxx
  • assyn
    Options
    I haven't seen it, and don't plan on watching it really. Unfortunately, those types of things just don't turn me off. I love a cheeseburger from McDonald's even though I know it's bad for me. Thankfully, since changing my diet, I haven't been craving any cheeseburgers or fries, or anything like that and I plan on a change to a vegetarian diet soon anyway.

There was something else that was a real eye opener for me... I remember when I was in the UK for a while, my partner and I decided to try a new burger at Burger King. It wasn't that big really, just a normal sized burger, but we checked the calories on the website later that day and we both felt a bit sick that it was almost 1000 calories. Just the burger.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I've watched both Supersize Me & Food Inc.

Regarding the fast food stuff, it's like everything else: MODERATION. I can eat 5 Jr Whoppers in a day & still be under my calorie goal. Or I can eat 4 12" Subway Turkey subs (suppose to be better for me than Burger King) & be OVER my calorie goal.
  • jenni185
    Options
    The gut rot I get from the greasy food is enough of a deterrent for me.
  • fit2sit
    fit2sit Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Supersize me, what a great documentary. Really opens your eyes to what a diet of nothing but fast food can do to you.

On the other hand, I take a lot of documentarys with a grain of salt. They film 400-800 hours of worth of information and have to condense it all into 90 minutes or so. Its really easy to cherry pick the best shots and best interviews to scew the public to your point of view. But I take exception to supersize me, fast food, that $#@% is just bad for you. Once a week, sure, once a day, yikes, every meal?

I seriously wonder what the corporate heads are thinking when they go ahead and green light things like KFC's "Double Down."
  • kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    After I watched Supersize Me, I had a killer craving for McDonalds! Almost everyone I have talked to has said the same thing, that within a day or 2 they were hitting the drive through. A part of me totally thinks that it was secretely funded by McDonalds because they had to have made a ton of money off of people who never go who all of a sudden had a craving and had to pick up a Big Mac!
  • SP0472
    SP0472 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Supersize Me is my all time favorite documentary. I loved it but it didn't deter me from eating fast food.

Food Inc....A lot of people talk about it but it really didn't tell me anything I didn't already know about food. There were parts of that doc. that I thought were really sad though - like the families who want healthy, fresh food but can't afford it but are paying hundreds of dollars for meds to treat illnesses brough on by poor diets. It's an interesting watch.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I remember watching that...it was gross. BUT didn't stop me from eating Micky D's. haha I love their french fried...they will be the death of me...probably literally.