Looking for Teachers (or anyone really...)

Options
Hi everyone! I was using the site religiously throughout the last school year and lost about 10 pounds. I hit a plateau in March and then basically stopped trying. I gained probably 6-7 pounds back. Over the summer, I promised myself I'd get back to it since I have more time, but my eating habits only got worse and exercise went completely out the window.

So now here I am, starting a new school year with the hope of getting back on track with healthy eating and exercise! I signed up for a half marathon in November. It will be my 3rd. This year, I also did a full marathon which was a one-time, bucket list, kind of thing. But I love the half distance!!

I'm looking for some people to help keep me on track. I love to look at other people's diaries and I leave my open to all.

Now back to planning...

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    I was a full-time teacher. Now I sub, so I know the challenges you face. Feel free to add me as a friend. I know it is especially difficult at the beginning of the year. I hope you are able to eat as healthy as you can, to get as much sleep as you can, and some kind of exercise to de-stress. Your students are lucky to have you as a role model.
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I teach Adult English in the UK and manage a curriculum dept however I am currently looking to move into a local FE college. I am similar size and weight to you
    Andrea
  • agander86
    agander86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I teach as well. Feel free to add me.
  • agwodke
    agwodke Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Add me!!! I teach Middle School technology grades 6-8. I know the challenges as trying to eat healthy in limited time. AND try to get in some healthy snacks!!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Hey, Psych teacher and runner here :) Feel free to add me!! :)
  • dimam13
    dimam13 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    when you hit a plateau you need to do 1 of 2 things. increase activity or decrease calories.
  • meganmoore112
    meganmoore112 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    when you hit a plateau you need to do 1 of 2 things. increase activity or decrease calories.

You mean I shouldn't give up and eat cupcakes daily? Because that's about what happened.

Just kidding, not really!

I completed a marathon in March and after that I was just so burnt out on EVERYTHING. Logging food, running, school, basically life. That's where the backslide started. I just need to figure out how to keep myself together throughout the year :happy:
  • jchadden42
    jchadden42 Posts: 189
    Options
    Ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh! Pick me! Pick me! Oh, oh, oh! Pick me!!! :tongue:

I am a HS Science teacher (Chemistry and Physics)--So my students usually give me :huh: When I ask a question. I'm a runner and swimmer and occasional bike rider (mostly in the summer).