Changing up your food

Options
I know that changing up your workouts is important. What about your food. I eat the same things for breakfast and lunch just about every day. Should I be changing up that as well. Here is my breakfast:: steel cut oats with 2 TB of fresh pumpkin puree, a dash of cinnamon and sometimes some blueberries. Lunch is a whole wheat sandwich thin with sun dried tomato turkey breast, miracle whip lite and a small handful of sun chips, and water. Dinner is varied. i was just wondering about changing up the food. Thanks

Replies

• sexylonglegs
    Options
    i, personally, would get bored eating the same thing daily. :flowerforyou:

mix it up a bit!
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Variety is the spice of life. Yes change it up everyother day week month
  • lesleybritton
    Options
    I eat the same things over and over as well. When I'm at work, I don't have time to think about what I'm eating. When I get sick of something I change it up! If you're still enjoying the food and you're still losing weight and you're hitting your goals (nutrition wise)... why change? I would say to just do what works for you.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    I know that changing up your workouts is important. What about your food. I eat the same things for breakfast and lunch just about every day. Should I be changing up that as well. Here is my breakfast:: steel cut oats with 2 TB of fresh pumpkin puree, a dash of cinnamon and sometimes some blueberries. Lunch is a whole wheat sandwich thin with sun dried tomato turkey breast, miracle whip lite and a small handful of sun chips, and water. Dinner is varied. i was just wondering about changing up the food. Thanks

I eat mostly the same thing everyday. It's easy and you know how many calories you're eating, no matter what. You don't even have to think about it! Oatmeal + pumpkin puree is a staple in my diet as well, now, so I can relate!

Eating the same things shouldn't hinder your weight loss as long as you are getting the right nutrition and staying under your calorie goal. Everyone once in a while it's alright to have a treat day to shake up your body and keep it guessing, but for the most part I don't think you should find that you have any problems with losing weight. Just make sure you are getting enough fruit and veggies in your diet (possibly add some raw to your lunch on some days instead of sun chips? or add as snacks?) and that you are drinking lots of water and you shouldn't have any problems.

Best of luck :D
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    sorry double post...
  • clothes_of_sand
    Options
    Well, you did say that you already vary your dinner. As long as you're getting proper nutrients, I think you're okay, but if you want to vary it, you certainly can.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    i've heard calorie cycling can help you break past a plateau (figure out what your total calorie allowance per week is ex: I'm at 1,360/day so 9,520/week then split that randomly throughout the week, so 1,200 on Monday, 1,450 on Tuesday, 1325 Wednesday ect...)

but I'd say as long as you're happy with it (I do best on a routine and dont really get bored with the same things day after day as long as its something I like), its giving you all of the nutrients you need to get through the day (just from what you said it looks like you might need some more veggies, unless you have a bunch at dinner) and you havent hit a wall I'd say you're ok... if you notice your weight loss stalling try switching it up!
  • bopper
    bopper Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, kind of what I thought. No, I'm not tired of my breakfast and lunch and I do drink lots of water, so I think its' fine.