New to the forums

Options
:happy: Hi everyone! I thought I would introduce myself and try and make some more friends on here. I initially joined over a year ago and lost 30 lbs but then I stopped tracking and got lazy again and gained 20 back. I've been finding myself in a funk more and I tend to drink more alcohol during the evenings when I'm stressed or in a funk. So I have snapped myself out of that, but I've already gained 20 back. I've lost about 3 lbs in the past two weeks though, and I started supplementing with sam-e which really helps my mood and helps me focus. I was feeling exhausted all the time... I need to drop this weight so I can feel better again. I have horribly flat feet, so even a little extra weight really hurts my feet and demotivates me.

I want it to be a healthy lifestyle change. Something I can stick to. Before I had my son (now 4) I weighed around 155, I felt I could lose 10-15 lbs then, but was pretty comfortable with myself, but I didn't exercise. In the past when exercise has been a regular part of my life I've been as low as 125 and never went higher than 140.

My birthday is in 6 months, I will be 29. To hit 140 for my birthday is my ultimate goal. After that I'd like to maintain and manage a healthy lifestyle and work on staying toned and in shape going into my 30's.

Thanks in advance for your support! I am looking forward to meeting all of you and supporting you as well, please add me!

Elise

Replies

• valerierackly74
    valerierackly74 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    hi you can add me. I too am back here after a year (i did pop in from time to time,but nothing consistent) I started back around a month ago, I'm not doing too well, I've had to have a corticosteroid for my arthritis and had my marina coil out so my diet and exercise is still a bit all-over the place but I'm still willing and I've come down from 153lb to 146 in a month so I'm heading in the right direction. I too would like some support but I'm not sure where to look from.
  • karenhughes2013
    karenhughes2013 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined mfp last week, I've got 57 lbs to go to my goal so will be around for a while and log in each day!! Be great to hwlp n support each other on our journeys! Feel free to add me :-)