Wow, Can't believe how many calories I burned.

Options
I was doing some heavy duty gardening/ yard work today for hours and hours. Everything from cutting wood with a hand saw and making borders to using a manual hedge cutter to trim vines and raking up a bunch of stuff. :yawn: So I put it in for just 3 hours worth of time, and I burned over 800 Calories and I was trying to not put to many in even though I worked very hard and for a long time. I was closer to probably 6 hours but again I don't want to over estimate it.:devil:
I just can't believe you can burn so many calories doing something I enjoy so much. But my back if feeling it now.:tongue:
But I can have a couple of wine coolers tonight and not feel guilty!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
SM

(then my husband took me down and bought me a compound miter saw, there goes that work out. I actually enjoyed cutting it, I thought how great it is for my arms, but this is so much faster!)

Replies

• StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    I was doing some heavy duty gardening/ yard work today for hours and hours. Everything from cutting wood with a hand saw and making borders to using a manual hedge cutter to trim vines and raking up a bunch of stuff. :yawn: So I put it in for just 3 hours worth of time, and I burned over 800 Calories and I was trying to not put to many in even though I worked very hard and for a long time. I was closer to probably 6 hours but again I don't want to over estimate it.:devil:
    I just can't believe you can burn so many calories doing something I enjoy so much. But my back if feeling it now.:tongue:
    But I can have a couple of wine coolers tonight and not feel guilty!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    SM

(then my husband took me down and bought me a compound miter saw, there goes that work out. I actually enjoyed cutting it, I thought how great it is for my arms, but this is so much faster!)
  • MsLadybug
    MsLadybug Posts: 55
    Options
    Yep, gardening rocks for calorie burning. I did a couple hours of weeding this and last weekend. I definately felt it the next day. :)
  • GonnaDoIt
    GonnaDoIt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That is great! I take hot yoga and I am shocked at the amount of calories I burn doing it. It is about 10 calories per min. My 90 min class is 900 calories!!!!!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    thats awesome!!

i find that after the first hour of activity, according to my HRM, that i burn calories twice as fast thereafter. So the longer you work the better, thats for sure!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hooray for you!!! That is so great!!!! :drinker: