Dear Size 10

Options
I’ve come to a point in my life that I really need to make some changes. When I was in my late teens, I was pink and glittery. But these days, not so much. I’ve got a beautiful son and a gorgeous husband. They should be proud to have me… but at the moment, I’m not so sure that they are. I think of myself as having been in bright colour with lots of music, but now I’m dull, drab and quiet. I want my sparkle back!

I’m not 100% sure what my ideal weight is supposed to be, as I don’t exactly have a whole lot of height on my side, but I’m figuring that it’s got to be like 1 – 1½ stones less than where I am now, if not a little bit more. I’m not really fussed about what the scales tell me… I’m more concerned about what my clothes tell me.

I’ve got a box stashed under the spare bed… and has been for a while… that has some lovely clothes in, some of which have never been worn… because they’re all too small! Shock horror!! There’s nothing more depressing than looking at your previous self and seeing just how far away she really is. But this is where I change paths and start to work my way back to her. It’s not going to be an easy path to take… but I’m pretty sure it’s going to be one of the most rewarding paths that I’ll travell!

So today is my step one!

Replies

• Beebee78
    Options
    Congratulations on step one of getting your groove back!!! You'll find so much support here you will be at your goal in no time at all xxx
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! :drinker:
  • batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first step to your happier , healthier self. This is a great place with a wealth of help, love & experience. I wish you well & feel free to add me for support if you wish. Good luck.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Welcome and *hugs* - this place is wonderful
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    I bet you that your family is more than proud and would describe you with every colour of the rainbow. Draw on all of the power you have as a colourful, strong, deep WOMAN and you will be successful! Moms can do it all!!!!!:drinker:
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie,

Welcome!!

You will love slipping into your old jeans, best feeling ever. I always look at the scale, but I love to try on jeans and button them when not too long before I couldn't even get them over my hips.
  • GlamourBean
    GlamourBean Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You nailed exactly why I am on MFP too. I want to sparkle again! Best wishes to you, and I look foward to seeing your progress.
  • ambercscott87
    ambercscott87 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    this first step is the most important! you can do it!!!!!!!!!
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Welcome ! You have found the right place!

I think we ALL have clothes that we refuse to get rid of and want to get back into. This is just the place to make it happen. Be advised it IS hard work but all of us working together and motivating one another makes all the hard work worth it. As you get used to the tools here it get's easier. Search the forums for questions you may have and if you can't find them, don't hesitate to ask!

xox
  • DebbiePulford
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words. It's nice to know there are people on your wavelength! :drinker: