Unmotivated :-(

Options
Ok so this is only the end of my second week on MFP and of dieting in general, I weighed myself this morning for the second time and my weight is the exact same.....I went a bit overboard with the gin this weekend but not horrendously overboard, and I was sort of hoping all the exercise I had done all week would help to even it out. I have gone from doing no exercise to doing the 30 day shred every day without fail, and this week I have been for 2 mile sprints 4 times and walked to and from work 3 days which is a 5 mile round trip. I have also eaten very very well! I know why I have stayed the same (the alcohol!) but it doesnt make this anymore motivating....seems like its going to be a long hard slog of not EVER eating/drinking anything 'bad' or I will never lose any weight....This may sound like Im stating the obvious but I think I was naively hoping the odd slip up would be ok and I would still lose if I worked hard the rest of the time. Now Im feeling like, what was the oint trying so hard all week when it hasnt changed anything?? My goals just got a lot harder! :sad:

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Well head up and dont give up. Dont burn your body out ny doing shred every day. INstead do it every other day and try repeating the levels. THen do the cardio on the other days. Slipping up is live but doing you may not have burned enough calories to make up the extra. Eat clean 7 days straight drink lots of water and then try weighing yourself. Also make sure your not eating anything that is processed or out of a box like frozen meals or cookies and crackers ect. No sugar except in your fruit and stay away from POP diet and REg and all artifical sweetners like asperteme and splenda. Doing this and you should see the weight come off. Good luck and hope the info helps
  • GIGIWHITE
    Options
    no diet pepsi?
    oh oh
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    If you burn more than you eat, it will work. My body cycles I go as long as three weeks without losing a single pound (and sometimes it goes up). Then out of nowhere, my body will just start dropping weight. That's why I'm so thankful I use the WiiFit for weigh ins. Now that it has been nearly six full months, I can really see the cycle on the weight chart. Stick to it, keep trying things until you find the one that works for you!

(By the way, living 'perfectly clean' does not work for me. I eat 50 - 100 calories a day in chocolate. Still managed to take off nearly 40 pounds. Don't sweat the small stuff as long as it really is SMALL)
  • Beebee78
    Options
    You can do this! Have a day off from exercise each week so you don't burn out ( although I have to admit I still walk 3 miles with my dogs on my day off but take it easier), unfortunately alcohol is a killer with weightloss - I avoid at all costs although I am not the worlds biggest drinker. Try not to think of it as a diet but a lifestyle change so you're healthy in the long run. There are going to be weeks when you stall - it happens to everyone - especially us women when TOM is due and you just know your weight will stay high.

Sending massive hugs your way xxx
  • katschy
    Options
    Think long-term. You've lost seven pounds already; more will go. You know that the gin is an issue so next week don't overdo on it (mixers tend to be sugary). You may be one of those of us who don't do well on low-cal but will on low-carb instead (up the protein/healthy fats and get rid of stumbling blocks like sugar, flour, starchy veggies). On an ordinary low-cal diet I actually put on weight because of all the carbohydrate in it; that's just the way my metabolism works. You have to find out what works best for you. Drink lots of water, stagger your exercise as ProTFitness suggests, and don't give up. You'll do it!!
  • Avalon203
    Options
    Thanks guys :-) I just need to dust myself off and keep going, lol. and possibly steer clear of the gin! Or at least next time plan in advance and work out more on the day I want a drink so that I dont go over my calorie alowance at all, because unfortunately I dont think I'd be able to eat clean 24/7 either Suedre, though I will try to keep to it as much as possible, I have started making all my meals from scratch using fresh produce which was a biggie for me and I do feel better for it! Thanks BeeBee :flowerforyou: I need to learn to not let the scales demotivate me!! After all my exercise and making better food choices I am healthier already thn I would have been otherwise so I guess its a step in the right direction......and I know what my downfall is and can maybe try working around that so it doesnt bring me down again!
  • Avalon203
    Options
    Thanks Katschy, yes Im also going to stagger my exercise too, I never relaised working out evryday could actually not be that good for you!! Going to try an alcohol free week (or possibly just limit myself to one or two on Saturday night!) and hopefully next week will be better.
  • CelticWarrior
    Options
    Ok so this is only the end of my second week on MFP and of dieting in general, I weighed myself this morning for the second time and my weight is the exact same.....I went a bit overboard with the gin this weekend but not horrendously overboard, and I was sort of hoping all the exercise I had done all week would help to even it out. I have gone from doing no exercise to doing the 30 day shred every day without fail, and this week I have been for 2 mile sprints 4 times and walked to and from work 3 days which is a 5 mile round trip. I have also eaten very very well! I know why I have stayed the same (the alcohol!) but it doesnt make this anymore motivating....seems like its going to be a long hard slog of not EVER eating/drinking anything 'bad' or I will never lose any weight....This may sound like Im stating the obvious but I think I was naively hoping the odd slip up would be ok and I would still lose if I worked hard the rest of the time. Now Im feeling like, what was the oint trying so hard all week when it hasnt changed anything?? My goals just got a lot harder! :sad:

Either all in or all out 50/50 usually don't work , drinking gin thats like 65 calories a shot, I assume your doing this at night after dark, so your not being very active.

Once you really commit to this 100 percent you get motivated, the more you lose, the more it motivates you. keep at it you will get there !
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Ive been in the same boat as you!!! I have been logging faithfully... working out a shed-load and NADDA, Zip, ZILCH and more Nothing!!! No change to weight.. actually if anything its gone back UP!!! I was feeling disheartened and was almost gonna throw in the towel.... it was only my Awesome MFP friends that kept me motivated!!!

BUT THEN......

I took update photos yesterday.. and compared them to last months photos... and

>>**BAM!!!!!**<<

I saw it....!! Im changing SHAPE!! My belly is smaller and tighter and even my arms are improved!!! (feel free to friend me and have a look at my progress to see for yourself! ) So dont fret... keep your chin up and you will see a change....

BTW for the record, if your body has been in starvation mode and you have only just started eating properly then it can take 4 weeks for your body to adjust to the new habits... and in that 4 weeks you may gain too....

So my Moral here is the SCALE IS EVIL.... Take PHOTOS so you can SEEEE the Difference!!!! =}

Peace out!

Megs
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Megsta - I agree!! As you know I am not allowed to weigh in until 15th November!!! At first I got all fed up about it but now just one picture and measuring tells me all I need to know! xxx
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Would be helpful to see your food diary as to what type of foods you are eating. If a lot of processed, then they are laden with sodium. But in general, yes, I have found when I drink it does affect my efforts. Doesn't mean I have stopped, but now that I am definitely more aware of its effects, I certainly try to keep it at a minimum while still enjoying social times with my friends. Keep moving forward as nothing will happen if you quit or do it half way. Feel free to check out my diary, as it is public for any ideas.
  • shannie_134
    Options
    I felt a bit down last week because at weigh in I had stayed the same,even though had eaten well all week and had done a good amount of exercise ( well good for me compared to a month ago) but then did my measurments and had lost cms in all the areas I measure.So make sure you measure yourself and take photos to see your shape change.