same food every day?

Options
I see some people eat pretty much the same food every day. I prefer to eat what ever I want (as healthy as possible) just smaller amounts. Seems to work for me because I love food and variety. What do most people find easier? Stick with the same menu for the most part? Mix it up but eat smaller portions? Just curious to see what works for others.

Replies

• tonynguyen75
    tonynguyen75 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I like to eat the same things. I'm a creature of habit. I don't want to think of new combinations of meals that will hit my macros and calories.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I tend to change it up on a weekly basis because I get sick of foods pretty easily, and lower my portion size like you said. I've been trying to insert more vegetables into my diet though, so my portion sizes have been getting bigger lately. xD
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Breakfast and lunch tend to be the same things, mostly out of convenience for getting ready for work. Dinners are whatever I am in the mood for. They tend to vary widely from day to day.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Studies have shown that people who eat the same basic foods everyday tend to be more successful because it takes the guess work out of choosing foods and calories. I tend to stick to the same basic breakfast and lunch every day because it's predictable and I'm lazy. If you can eat variety and stay in control, more power to you.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I'm predicatable. I eat the same lunch and snacks just about every single day (I don't eat breakfast). Dinners can vary, although I tend to rotate the same meals regularly. I'm not bored with it, and I find it makes it easier for me to stay within my calorie limit.
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I eat wat i like, and i eat it a lot.
    Why not ??
    I like steak and Turkey, so eat that almost every day.
    And it's healty too.

So I never eat something that's good for me.. only what I like,

As long I stay on goal, its fine for me
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    I like to eat different foods every day, otherwise I'd get bored and this would feel like a diet.

Rigger
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    variety is the spice of life. Personally, a lot of this is about learning how to eat...portion control, etc. When people say "lifestyle" I think they're often missing the boat...they think the lifestyle is counting...that's not it...the lifestyle is making better nutritional choices...learning how to eat proper...learning proper portions and portion control, etc. If you're just eating the same thing all of the time, you never really teach yourself anything and quite frankly, eating the same thing in and out every day is really not sustainable.

That said, my weekday breakfast is pretty standard...but that's about it...lunches and dinners are always variable and delicious. Also, I think a lot of people are just programmed to believe that "dieting" has to be boring and can't taste good or whatever.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    While i'd like to think my diet is varied i'm probably one of those people. I don't necessarily eat the same food each DAY but i do eat the same food each day of the week. Like monday is ravioli night and so on.

I find it's easier and more convinient to stick to foods i know and combinations i know that fit into my calorie goal with some simple swapping. All my meals end up being around the same number of calories too. Like breakfast is always 200-300, Lunch is always around 400, Dinner is always close to 700 and i have a 170 calorie desert each night.

*shrug*

I've been doing it for three years and it doesn't feel like a "diet" it just feels like im not creative.
  • ECTexan
    ECTexan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty much the same things every day. I have a lot of smoothies, soups, salads, fruit, chicken. I'm a super picky eater and I hate cooking so limiting my diet to a handful of simple, convenient foods has never bothered me.
  • Xanne
    Xanne Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have very eclectic tastes in food as in most things, but I often eat some of the same foods for breakfast and lunch, although I do rotate them. I like to make a healthy casserole for a breakfast dish, and eat it most of the week, and I sometimes do that for dinner or lunch, but don't eat it as often unless I am really busy. I essentially eat what I like, and I enjoy trying new recipes, but it is challenging to cook for one person and still have a lot of variety, and therefore I mainly cook things that I can make two or three meals from. I get lots of good recipes from Skinnytaste.com and Fine Cooking.com; I subscribe to their listserves. I do try not to eat much processed food, and very rarely eat "fast food", as I've never liked it anyway. Thank goodness for freezers!
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I like to eat the same staples every day, like porridge for breakfast, salads, same veggies, but I like to try new things every now and then, like greek natural yogurt, different fruits, nuts, adding different things to my salads. It all depends on what I can afford to buy being on a tight budge.
  • ehorn625
    ehorn625 Posts: 144
    Options
    I bring a salad to work every day but will switch up what I put in it. Dinner is whatever lean protein is around and veggies. I occasionally eat some carbs but not too often and make sure I fit them into my calories for the day.
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I would just assume eat the same few meals over and over but since I am the one who cooks all meals here I change it up regularly. I have about 35 or so meals so we seldom have the same thing twice in a month. My wife appreciates it and as she is getting home from work, I start measuring or weighing the food to make plates.
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I'm the type of person who can eat the same thing every day for all of eternity, provided I actually like the taste. Breakfast/Lunch/Snacks are the same for me day to day, for the most part. I try to mix it up with my dinners, but I'm new to cooking and short on time, so I end up doing a lot of repeats there too. The easiest way that I change it up for dinners is adding different veggies/complex carbs or use different spices/cooking methods on my protein.

I'm getting to a point where I'm probably going to start branching out on my snacks though- but even then, I'll probably just eat the same snacks over & over until I get bored. :P

It's just easier for me to buy the same stuff, pre-log, and not have to think about my food every day.
  • thegilly6
    thegilly6 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    For breakfast my repertoire of foods is quite small. Lunch is a bit bigger. Dinner is where I get creative.
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I wind up eating the same food regularly only because I prepare all my meals in advance and tend to have lots of leftovers. Plus, I hate cooking during the work week so its just easier, when I have time, to make enough for 2-3days. I am getting sick of the same thing for days in a row. I'm trying to figure out what to do for dinner tonight since I am finally out of leftovers.
  • ccmandel
    ccmandel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I pretty mich eat the same breakfast, lunch, and snack daily because it fills me up, is healthy and I'm not hungry. Dinner is different every night of the week. That's where I put my energy into cooking...dinner!
  • Hannah_Hopes
    Hannah_Hopes Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I don't eat the same everyday, but I have quick meals I really enjoy so will have them regularly and if I've open food packets I'll try and use it up before opening new things which can lead to just going with the same meal for efforts sake and knowing I already enjoy it.
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I'm a creature of habit and eat the same things most of the time.