One of my fav. NSVs (non-scale victories, for the newbies)..

Options
ReinaJaLaNa
ReinaJaLaNa Posts: 151 Member
Being able to toss a lot more of my clothes in the dryer without the fear of undesired shrinkage!

Whenever I've gotten a lot bigger in weight, I have tended to hang up and air dry a LOT more of my clothes for that reason, and it's surely annoying.

Of course I do realize this could still again be an issue one day, even once I get down to my desired weight-loss goals -- for instance, I may be down to and content with a small in size but then still have to worry about my clothes shrinking even smaller than that! -- but at least in the meantime and particularly with all of my older Ls and XLs and even some of my Ms, I can just dryer dry away!

And in fact, I've sometimes even found myself feeling the need to dryer dry with the actual intention and hopes of it shrinking due to the article of clothing now being too big, baggy and therefore ill-fitting!

A great feeling :)

Replies

• JCM1969
    JCM1969 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I completely agree!! I cant believe I have actually TRIED to shrink some stuff!
  • NextChapter60
    NextChapter60 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I have both done that - dry our big clothes in hopes of shrinkage! LOL!! Congrats on your successes!!
  • threshkreen
    threshkreen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I agree. Before I gained a lot of my weight back, I remember throwing things into the dryer that in the past I would have air dried, but at that time didn't care one bit if it shrunk.

I also remember holding up something to fold and being incredulous that it actually belonged to me because it looked so tiny!

I also remember mourning whenever I shrunk out of piece of clothing that I really liked that I purchased on the way down the scale to celebrate a milestone.

Ah well, I guess I have these moments to look forward to again :smile:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Yah I've been hoping for some shrinkage too...cloths that is...congrats
  • hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I also remember holding up something to fold and being incredulous that it actually belonged to me because it looked so tiny!

^^^ THIS ^^^

I am in awe when I look at my pants as I'm folding right now. Like there is no freaking way I can fit into a size 10 (I was in a SUPER TIGHT 18 when I started).
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I completely agree!! I cant believe I have actually TRIED to shrink some stuff!

Still hoping it works, but buying clothes is now a lot better.
    In my current size there's more available, but still going down so next summer I can;t use this ones anymore
  • slhass10
    slhass10 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of jeans that I always air dried, I reached into the dryer one day and grabbed a pair (running late) thinking they were my "fat jeans" the ones that are almost too big. It was about an hour later when I looked down and realized which jeans I was wearing. Not only were they the ones that were not supposed to get dried but they fit good!

I completely get where you are coming from!! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!