Naked Juice Class Action Lawsuit

Options
Here is a link to an article about the lawsuit against Naked Juice, and there is a link on that page should you choose to file a claim:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/28/naked-juice-class-action-lawsuit_n_3830437.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false

I’m curious what some fellow MFP users think about this scenario and the use of “All Natural” labels on food in general.

Replies

• ezconklin
    Options
    I am surprised and disappointed. I opened a Green Machine this morning while catching up on reading the news only to see this... :( I'm a recent convert to the whole foods / clean eating thing so I'm not totally surprised that a company has tried to skate under the radar. Now it makes me extremely wary of other products, but also proves a point while focusing on clean eating - packaged foods are dangerous territory.
  • Hunnib23
    Hunnib23 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I submitted a claim. I am really bummed about this. I used to drink these every day before/after the gym when I worked there because I thought I was doing something good for my body. Nobody likes being lied to or taken for a fool. It just makes you question everything else that is out there and now I wonder what other "healthy" "all natural" products I was tricked into buying.

I know it is up to consumers to do the research, but in this case, I don't think that was really possible.
  • Panda_1999
    Panda_1999 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I too submitted a claim, I used to drink these regularly. You can even submit a claim if you don't have proof of purchase.
    http://www.nakedjuiceclass.com/
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,672 Member
    Options
    I'm telling ya, the "natural" industry is really no different than the "processed" industry. The goal is to make profit, even if it means doing it by deception. I'm always skeptical about how "natural" something is when seller's make over the top claims. You want natural.................grow and harvest it yourself.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I'm telling ya, the "natural" industry is really no different than the "processed" industry. The goal is to make profit, even if it means doing it by deception. I'm always skeptical about how "natural" something is when seller's make over the top claims. You want natural.................grow and harvest it yourself.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

on this we agree.

just use your head for a second - it's in a plastic container, shipped across the country and sits in a back room till it's on display, where it may sit for another couple days.

how much mashed up fresh fruit do you eat that would last that journey? just think people. :P
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    in after Reddy.
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    A lot of the organic food companies are actually owned by monsanto and other large corporations that fight against labeling GMOs and like to just say things are organic and good for you. I think the same company owns the odwalla bars that I used to love. Its best to either make it yourself or get it from a local company. I've switched from Naked to Bolthouse Farms but I am not sure if Bolthouse is even "all natural" anymore.. sigh...
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    in after Reddy.

:heart:
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    "Natural" is such a weasel word. There's no regulation behind it, so anybody can put it on their packaging, even Twinkies (although no one would believe that one, lol).
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

on this we agree.

just use your head for a second - it's in a plastic container, shipped across the country and sits in a back room till it's on display, where it may sit for another couple days.

how much mashed up fresh fruit do you eat that would last that journey? just think people. :P

hi CoachReddy. I have missed you. Others aren't as fun and easy and its just not the same. :heart:
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    eh I can't feel bad for anyone willing to spend $4 for a tiny bottle of juice
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I submitted a claim. I am really bummed about this. I used to drink these every day before/after the gym when I worked there because I thought I was doing something good for my body. Nobody likes being lied to or taken for a fool. It just makes you question everything else that is out there and now I wonder what other "healthy" "all natural" products I was tricked into buying.

I know it is up to consumers to do the research, but in this case, I don't think that was really possible.

How much money do you think you will receive after the lawyers take their cut - cents on the $
  • CoachReddy
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

on this we agree.

hi CoachReddy. I have missed you. Others aren't as fun and easy and its just not the same. :heart:

i figured it's probably been a bit boring, but don't expect the big flashy arguments quite as often, I'm pretty over all that. :flowerforyou:
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

on this we agree.

I agree with both of you. People want more and more and what do they think the companies are in business for - to make money.
  • Alleghany
    Alleghany Posts: 200
    Options
    A lot of the organic food companies are actually owned by monsanto and other large corporations that fight against labeling GMOs and like to just say things are organic and good for you. I think the same company owns the odwalla bars that I used to love. Its best to either make it yourself or get it from a local company. I've switched from Naked to Bolthouse Farms but I am not sure if Bolthouse is even "all natural" anymore.. sigh...

YES!!! I think Bolthouse (their parent company) is also another Monsanto supporter. UGH! I just throw things in my vitamix now. As annoying as it is to wash/prep everything, it's definitely worth it. I guess we really "pay" for convenience, not just with our wallet but with our health...
  • aliciap412
    aliciap412 Posts: 170 Member
    Options

YES!!! I think Bolthouse (their parent company) is also another Monsanto supporter. UGH! I just throw things in my vitamix now. As annoying as it is to wash/prep everything, it's definitely worth it. I guess we really "pay" for convenience, not just with our wallet but with our health...

damnit!!! I had no clue about this and I just fell in love with their dressing. looks like I'll have to find another that is actually gluten free or make my own :\
  • horrorstory
    horrorstory Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I may be alone in this but... I dont really care. If I didn't make it myself I dont trust any of the "claims" on the packaging. Also, Im not huge into "eating clean", I love some dirty dirty foods and I am not afraid to log them. :glasses: I love Naked juice and this is not going to stop me from drinking it. (get the mango one and blend with ice and a banana, omg mouth-gasm) :heart:
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    I may be alone in this but... I dont really care. If I didn't make it myself I dont trust any of the "claims" on the packaging. Also, Im not huge into "eating clean", I love some dirty dirty foods and I am not afraid to log them. :glasses: I love Naked juice and this is not going to stop me from drinking it. (get the mango one and blend with ice and a banana, omg mouth-gasm) :heart:

but if you're gonna blend it anyway, why not just get ... mangoes... ?

way cheaper. :tongue:
  • Panda_1999
    Panda_1999 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    How much money do you think you will receive after the lawyers take their cut - cents on the $

Up to 75$ with receipts and 45$ without, at least that is what the claim form says
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    in after Reddy.

:heart:

Coach Reddy, Welcome Back. We've missed you.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSB6tZvzgmD4VeJ8kwv4nhGLPaq_T3XHdlWLaznGY54JoTdUnSZ