I'm sitting at the checkout

Options
2»

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm - I have the opposite opinion of the others. I'd buy the sweater in the correct size - wearing clothes you look great in will make you feel better and be motivating to keep on track. I know when I look like a dumpy stuffed sausage it doesn't make me feel very good, but when I wear clothes in the proper size I look and feel better. I wouldn't punish yourself by purchasing a sweater that doesn't fit.

I agree with this one.
  • NextChapter60
    NextChapter60 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Buy two. One in your current size, one a size or two smaller.
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    From a man's perspective I'd advise buying two of different sizes; since we are not married and aren't dating I'd recommend using your husband's credit card or your boyfriend's--it is the only way to shop--
  • toni_mmh
    toni_mmh Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    From a man's perspective I'd advise buying two of different sizes; since we are not married and aren't dating I'd recommend using your husband's credit card or your boyfriend's--it is the only way to shop--

It's so nice to add a man's perspective to the advice pool (1st part of your response) and some humor as well (2nd part).
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Can I use yours? I have neither husband nor boyfriend. Refreshing view.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Oops, having trouble using the "quote" function correctly. :-)
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options

It makes me question my motivation and dedication BIG time.

No not mean at all.... I've had what I thought were many lightbulb moments, I just never carried through with them. This is good. I don't want to alter anything. I need to do this for me. I need to.
    [/quote]

Sort of off-topic, but one thing I've found that has helped me a LOT was gathering a lot of SUCCESSFUL MFP friends. Not other people trying and failing to stick to it, but others who are DOING it. I have about 6 friends who've lost 100+ pounds, many with 70+pounds lost, and almost all with 30+ pounds lost. I am generally only friends with people who have open diaries and who log daily and who eat REAL food, (not a bunch of shakes) and no one with ridiculous low calorie goals.

I wake up in the morning, and there are at least 3 or 4 people hitting milesstones ("A has logged in for 240 days, B has logged in for 700 days, C has logged in for 100 days" etc)

Throughout the day, I see posts like "A burned 400 calories jogging for 45 min" or "B burned 300 calories walking" etc.

Then at night "A completed her food and exercise diary and was under her calorie goal" etc

I have active friends who are on HERE instead of Facebook. It's very inspiring and they know what they are doing!
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Can I use yours? I have neither husband nor boyfriend. Refreshing view.
    Ha I was going to say me neither...
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Try goodwill. Until you lose more weight. I hate to waste money on clothes.that won't fit for long.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Don't buy anything! Shelf your credit card until you've had a major loss and then reward yourself with new clothes. As I often say to myself, "I'm not going to reward my ****ty body."

^^ Definitely.

Use the thrift shops until you hit goal weight. (Or clearance rack)