UP band

Options
Hello ... I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I'm giving it a shot. :) I'm considering getting an UP band. I have a friend who is adamant it is the best thing ever, but I've read mixed reviews. Anyone had one or know anything about them?

Replies

• sar00sh
    sar00sh Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the Jawbone UP, but my mom and I have tried a couple of the other pedometer products out there. My mom started off with the Nike+ Fuelband, but she found it too bulky on her wrist and it wasn't very accurate at all. That being said, it was still a great motivational tool to get you up and moving more. I then decided to join MFP and got sick and tired of entering my activity, so I did some research and found the Fitbit One. Fitbit has 3 devices, Zip, One, Flex. The Zip using a disposable watch battery and doesn't track as much as the one, but it does have a display on it. The One tracks a lot more and has a rechargeable battery, as well as a display built in. The Flex is very much like the UP band in that it goes on your wrist and does not have any display, but it still tracks everything you do. I did look into getting an UP band, but with no display and my older cell phone that wouldn't sync to it to show activity during the day, I went with the Fitbit One. I have had it for 4 months and no complaints what so ever on my end :)

Oh mom also tried out the Withings Pulse, she said it did all the same things as the Fitbit One, plus you could check your pulse right on the device. Unfortunately, after only 2 weeks of use the rubber started to break apart on the cover, so she ended up getting the Fitbit One as well.

Best Thing I can tell you is do your research, check all the sites that sell them for reviews and the manufacturer's website for more function details. Good Luck!!!

Also, feel free to add me if you like :)
  • allsmiles92
    Options
    Thanks! I'll check out the FitBit one. I've looked at their band, but maybe I need to change directions.
  • mcm412
    mcm412 Posts: 18
    Options
    I hve the Body Media Link, and I've liked it. I've never used any other activity monitor so I don't know how accurate it is compared to the Up or Fitbit, but I have found it motivates me to do more on days when I haven't hit my desired activity level.

It's definitely worth researching the different activity monitor options. I came across this article when I was first looking, and found it really helpful in guaging all the different options on the different monitors. I recommend checking it out.

http://www.getgrok.com/2013/01/a-comparative-review-28-days-with-the-fitbit-one-jawbone-up-nike-fuelband-and-bodymedia-link/