Help! Craving CHOCOLATE & COOKIES!

Options
What can I eat that will help this craving go away?! Besides chocolate and cookies! Sugar addiction MADNESS! I ate an apple, but that didn't seem to help. Loooong way till bedtime......

Replies

• bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    When I want chocolate, I usually have a little chocolate. I buy dark because a little goes a long way
  • knucklesammie
    knucklesammie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    i have the WORST sweet tooth. i have helped curb it by keeping grapes in the freezer. anytime i want something sweet i munch on a few of those. it seriously has SAVED me. hope it helps you! but keeping some very dark chocolate is okay. but if oyu are like me you still still eat too much of it :) freeze some grapes, it works for me!
  • paulstephenmarshall
    paulstephenmarshall Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    didn't realise dark was less cals than milk choc.to be honest chocolates never been a real favourite thing whereas ice cream and crips and pastries have. still are BUT this week ive really fancied chocolate so ill save enough calories to indulge in a small bar of dairy milk sunday
  • angelac1296
    angelac1296 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I buy the skinny cow chocolates. They taste a little different, but after a bit they are much better than the other higher sugar chocolates! The come with 3 chocs in a pack, total 130 calories. Most days days I just have one, but even if I have all 3, it's nothing a 20 min or so walk won't take care of!
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I have a terrible time with chocolate and sweets! Nothing takes the place of chocolate for me. However, I do buy diet jello chocolate puddings and sugar free fudgesicles. It helps a bit. I also eat dark chocolate covered almonds...but just a few a day. Good luck!!!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    What can I eat that will help this craving go away?! Besides chocolate and cookies! Sugar addiction MADNESS! I ate an apple, but that didn't seem to help. Loooong way till bedtime......

Step 1. Go find a mirror.
    Step 2. Look in the miror.
    Step 3. Raise your hand.
    Step 4. B***h slap yourself til you no longer crave chocolate and cookies.
    Step 5. Walk away from the mirror.

This is a tried and true method.
  • xandra
    xandra Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You can have 24 chocolate Teddy Grahams for 130 calories or 5 Hershey's Kisses for 110 calories. Two of my favs for chocolate cravings.
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    didn't realise dark was less cals than milk choc.to be honest chocolates never been a real favourite thing whereas ice cream and crips and pastries have. still are BUT this week ive really fancied chocolate so ill save enough calories to indulge in a small bar of dairy milk sunday

I don't think it's necessarily less. But milk chocolate is so easy for me to binge on. Dark chocolate satisfies my sweet tooth but it's easy to stop at an ounce of it.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    eat a serving of cookies and cream icecream but ditch the carton...or just go grab a cone from somewhere to be safe
  • catbyrd
    catbyrd Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chip granola bars aren't bad and not a whole lot of calories. Or if the craving is bad enough and you have the calories have just a single chocolate cookie. Will kill the craving without going overboard. Remember ... it's not a diet, its a life style change and we need to allow ourselves small treats in moderation.:smile:
  • crumptoj
    crumptoj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    yogurt...i usually do a chobani flip which tends to be desert yogurt
  • MissMollyMN
    Options

Step 3. Raise your hand.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I have this same problem too. Fruit does NOT help. I just stopped buying my sweet tooth cravings so they were no longer in my kitchen.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Eat some great tasting yogurt or get some skinney cow candy boy is it good. I also love the skinney cow ice cream and I can usually work them in my calories for the day if I want them
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    As long as you have enough control to stop, there's nothing wrong with indulging in a little sweet. I just had a packet of Keebler's 100 calories Right Bites chocolate covered pretzels. I don't feel guilty and it curbed my chocolate craving. And as long as I don't indulge again then I'm good. Skinny cow chocolates are great too as long as you stop at one packet! :)
  • ajmaupin
    ajmaupin Posts: 44
    Options
    Chocolate protein shake. When made with ice in a blender, reminds me of a milkshake
  • Lilaca84
    Lilaca84 Posts: 17
    Options

Step 3. Raise your hand.

Too Funny! Thanks :)
  • paulstephenmarshall
    paulstephenmarshall Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    without wanting to be sexist but is it fair to say that chocolate is more of a "girl thing", my wife has lost over 6 stone and chocolate has always been here thing, she uded to be capable of sitting down and putting away two family bars with n problem.
  • Lilaca84
    Lilaca84 Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I'm going to try buying a little bit of dark chocolate. I will later try out the skinny cow treats that were mentioned, and frozen grapes. :D:D:D
  • mstieann
    mstieann Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just totally ate a cookie and a piece of angel food cake. NO REGRETS!