I've had it with being fat!!

Options
Hi guys,
My name is Brandie. I am currently 325 lbs. I have been wanting to lose weight, but health issues I have been using as an excuse to not do it. Most look at me and think I over eat or that I have health problems because I am fat, when the opposite is true. I eat once a day and have been unable to get around like I use to due to back injuries and medical conditions and this caused me to gain weight, not the other way around. So Now I am sticking my middle finger up at my health problems and am no longer letting them dictate my life. There is only one that really keeps me from getting out, so its a good thing I can exercise at home lol.

I am a mother of 3. I have 2 girls and a boy. My older daughter is grown, my younger is entering her mid teens, and my son just started 1st grade. Now that they are back in school I can take time for myself and do what needs to be done.

My biggest problem is putting things off. I am a horrible procrastinator. What gave me a kick in the pants was a combination of a few things: Had to have an MRI of my brain done and barely fit into the machine, can't walk for more than a couple hundred feet without gasping for breath, my "fat" cloths got too small for me, severe sleep apnea (had before I got too fat, but still it could help), cholesterol levels are crazy high even though I do eat low in cholesterol foods, sick of how I smell when I sweat (didn't smell when I was thinner), want to be sexy again and I am only getting older so time is running out on the years I have left to be sexy lol. I do want to be able to play with my son and take him to do things without worry if people are talking about me and without other kids his age being rude as kids usually are. I want my husband to look at me like he use to.

I put this weight on in the past 4 years. I have no excuses. I am looking for friends to help me stay on track. I have no friends where I live because I am ashamed to leave my house except when I have to. I don't even know my neighbors. I have lived here for 4 years. I would really like to find friends where I live that I can lose weight with and keep each other on track.
So if any of you guys Live in or around Stuttgart, AR let me know and maybe we can help each other.

Replies

• karenbobaren
    karenbobaren Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Good for you for taking control of your health Brandie! This is going to be hard journey. There will be a days or even days when you're going to fall, but you gotta stand up each time.

I'm tired of being fat myself and I'm back on MFP for who knows how many time. Feel free to add me! I keep an open diary for my friends and try motivate you as much as I can so feel free to add me! :)
  • sorcha1977
    sorcha1977 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You are freaking gorgeous.

I started at 357 pounds. You can add me if you want. :)
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this. One change at a time, one step at a time.
  • bulletproofkasper
    bulletproofkasper Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You've got this, you can achieve anything you want to!
  • jennyjcss
    jennyjcss Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a mother of three kids, one gal,7, and two boys, 4 & 2. I never slim before since child,always being overweight and I always wear xxxl clothes. My heaviest weight at 110kgs, thats 242lbs at year 2008. Then one day, i thought to myself, I had have enough being obese, so I start on strict diet and 6 times a week gym/swimming. Now I am still halfway to my goal ,at 65kgs. I am now weighted at 87kgs, and had lost 50lbs. I feel good and I would love to help u.

I know u can do it, to be fit n sexy like me Dont give up
  • sugarchic64
    Options
    way to go Chic!!!! u can take control!!!
  • classy1ne
    classy1ne Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You will get the best reward ever when you complete your journey. Its best to keep in mind that you are changing your body for health and long life and that will be your greatest encouragement! Add me if you like!
  • _Moose51_
    Options
    Good for you, you will do great!