Looking for more friends, motivation and laughs

Options
Just_Wil
Just_Wil Posts: 108 Member
I'm looking for some more friends to add to my wall. Not just any friends though. I want friends that I can motivate can be motivated by. Heavy lifters are a plus! Sense of humor is a must!

Here's a condensed version of my story.

I'm a 35 year old guy who had a problem with overeating and general laziness. (Why eat one double quarter pounder when two tastes so much better? While laying down...) :wink:

In Janurary 2011, I weighed in at 270 lbs. I decided to do something about it, and ended up dropping 80 lbs by July 2011. Over the next two years though, I yo-yo'd a good bit trying different diets and exercise plans. I'd gain 20 back and lose 10, gain 20 more and lose it. Etc... Eventually I gave up and let it happen. By May 2013. I was back at 250 lbs and knew that I needed to change my entire paradigm if I wanted to lose weight and keep it off.

I've turned things around now and have changed my diet, exercise, and outlook on life in general. I weigh in at 224 right now and am a work in progress. Let's be pals and help each other out!!!

Full story and pics can be found here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1086393

Thanks!
Wil

Replies

• Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me!! :o)
  • qweenovme
    qweenovme Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am a caregiver for a living so I lift people. Does that count as heavy lifting? I think it does.:bigsmile: I have started to do some light weight lifting at home to make my job easier. Feel free to add me to your friend list. I need the motivation also!
  • BlackenedAmber
    Options
    Well, hello! Feel free to add me any time. I haven't really gotten in to the lifting stage yet... just relying on cardio for the time being before I am ready to pump up some "Do you even lift bro" muscles. ;). But I can help motivate you and keep you entertained :D.
  • Just_Wil
    Options
    You don't have to lift to be my friend :) looking for support and to give it as well.

Oh, if you are a Beachbody coach or some other kind of mlm salesperson, please know I can stil be your friend, but know up front I'm not interested in what you are selling. :)
  • Christie1Pearl
    Options
    Congrats on all your success thus far! Happy to help support and motivate! Ditto!
    Feel free to add!
    Have a fab day!
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...congrats on your accomplishments and good luck as you continue your goals.

8488541.png
  • kingtermite
    kingtermite Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I don't have a cents of humor. I can't afford it.
  • moniquec37
    Options
    looking for friends, please feel free to add me. i really make an effort to support all my mfp buddies daily and i hope you do the same. i am married to my best friend, a mother of 3 daughters ages 20,19, and 13 and "mamma" to my 2 yr old grandson. ive been on this journey for quite some time but now i have made it a priority in my new life. i feel who will take care of me if i dont take care of myself first. so for once im putting myself first.
  • sjanejack
    sjanejack Posts: 158
    Options
    Congratulations on all the progress you've made!
    I'd love to have more friends on here. I try to give encouragement or support when I can but sometimes its hard to know what to say.
  • Lake_Po
    Lake_Po Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm always up for new friends. Anyone can add me, just include a little about who you are!! :)
  • jordenmakelle
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me! I could always use the motivation and food ideas LOL.
  • charleyreedto175
    charleyreedto175 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    developed my smart *kitten* charm over the years. HUMOR has it's moments..if your looking for short term parking we might get along. feel free to add. PS: 30 years in the army is my motivation.
  • Just_Wil
    Options
    Just a slight bump to pick up new friends... I'm not a collector, but I am looking for more motivation.

Let's get movin'!
  • running_tall
    running_tall Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far!
    I don't lift, but feel free to add! I log in every day:)
  • Panda_Rolls
    Panda_Rolls Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I log in every day and try my best to be supportive. I can also guarantee there will be some smart-assery on my end.
  • RyanDryFly
    RyanDryFly Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hey Wil, You can add me. I think we're on the same page. I've been on here around 50 days now and lost 25 lbs. I log every day and stay engaged by being active with my friends. I don't lift heavy yet but plan to once I reach my goal of completing a half marathon in December. I've been training every day for it and am up to seven miles (11:30 pace or better). I might not meet your personality requirement though…I’m an engiNerd as my wife likes to call it. I do work hard and smart on my goals while maintaining a positive attitude though and want to see my friends do the same. I’m looking forward to sharing in your success!