Anyone know of some light, but calorie dense foods?

Options
Hi! :)

I, more often than not, struggle to meet my daily caloric goal. Not because I'm not eating, rather it's the foods I'm eating being very low in calories. Like yesterday, I was munching on a (9 oz) bag of carrots while making dinner and made it half way trough the bag and was full. I measured out the remaining carrots & there was about 2 ozs left meaning I ate around 90 calories of carrots. I couldn't even make it through my dinner & was under my daily goal because of it. The same thing goes with celery.

I try to incorporate avocados, bananas, & nuts into my diet because they're so caloric dense, but they've gotten boring. Does anyone have any ideas?

P.S; If I posted this in the wrong section, I honestly don't know, I sincerely apologize! I only comment on other peoples posts, I never make my own!

Replies

• tonynguyen75
    tonynguyen75 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Lather some butter on those carrots. Dip those carrots in ranch. Spread peanut butter on your celery, this one in particular is good because it'll add a bit of brotein.

Cheese, seeds, sugar, etc etc.
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    What about maybe adding an avocado to your salad (or half at a time). They can also be used like a mayonnaise on a sandwich, etc. Smoothies mid-day may be a nice snack that will add some calories and give you an energy boost along the way. I'm going to start adding some brazil nuts to my diet (4-5 daily is the recommended amount) to increase my calorie counts but you said you are already eating nuts. That's all I got. Good luck.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    /
  • juniperfox
    juniperfox Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Nuts, dried fruit, cheese, crackers. Try some superfood snacks like dark chocolate covered cherries or dried blueberries :)

Maybe try pesto? If you make it homemade, it's very healthful.
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I'd go with nuts. They have lots of healthy fats and one serving is usually near 200 calories.
  • ostrichagain
    ostrichagain Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    granola bars, energy bars . . . chocolate covered nuts and dried fruits.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I dip veggies in yogurt dip (either jalapeno or cucumber dill flavored). Hummus is another option. Also, you can make your own vinaigrettes using things like olive oil or walnut oil - super delicious, healthy fats, with plenty of flavor varieties.