Are these results real?

Options
I've been doing 30 Day Shred for 3 days and counting calories on MFP. I've lost no weight (which I expected), but my progress pictures are crazy for 3 days! Am I imagining this?

Pics below...Thanks chelledbrown.

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 30 Day Shred for 3 days and counting calories on MFP. I've lost no weight (which I expected), but my progress pictures are crazy for 3 days! Am I imagining this?

2hxoqp4.jpg

j9lvkp.jpg

2n09frl.jpg
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Definitely possible. Congrats!
  • drummondk
    drummondk Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comic relief Cranquistador, but these aren't fake and I'm not sucking in or pushing my stomach out.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comic relief Cranquistador, but these aren't fake and I'm not sucking in or pushing my stomach out.

Perhaps not intentionally, but it's almost impossible to hold the same position...and you have some camera distance things working too.

Nonetheless, please keep us posted with additional progress pics along the way...for, you know, science and stuff.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I can look lean one day and 5 months preggo the next. Just enjoy the lean day ;)
  • Achrya
    Options

Perhaps not intentionally, but it's almost impossible to hold the same position...and you have some camera distance things working too.

Nonetheless, please keep us posted with additional progress pics along the way...for, you know, science and stuff.

And remember the less you wear the better the science.

Or maybe it's the less you wear the higher your defense score.

...not sure if science or fantasy tropes.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    my bad...i think you look stunning, i really do.... but i also think there a difference in the distance you are standing and how you are standing etc

i commend you for working hard, but i dont think 3 days really can show a big difference.

keep kicking butt though,
  • drummondk
    Options
    Well, my apologies. I thought these message boards were here for support. I won't make that mistake again.
  • Achrya
    Options
    Well, my apologies. I thought these message boards were here for support. I won't make that mistake again.

Wut? No one said anything that wasn't supportive. Support doesn't mean agreeing with you no matter what.
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Actually, I had results similar to these as well when I was using this (I need to start up again too... :blushing: )

Ignore them. If YOU see progress, then it's real. :smooched:
  • drummondk
    Options
    I was referring to the sarcastic posts.
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    Ok no need to get upset, i am sorry if you did not like my opinion

i DID say you are stunning...maybe you missed that part.

have a good night.
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Cheers on your progress, but as much as we would all love for it to be that easy, it's probably just a difference in hydration and/or undigested food.

Again, though, you look awesome.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Your question implied a desire to know people's opinions, not "support."

Some people define support as truth and compliments (even thinly veiled creeping. Jof). Others see support as cheerleader, "way to go" and "you've got this!". You look great, good luck with your goals, and try not to take opinions too personally. :flowerforyou:
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Well, you asked a question and people answered honestly. Some days you have more or less bloat than others, posture, camera distance plays a role. There are a lot of factors that can make it look like you have made more progress than you actually have. Thats just a fact.

In any case, Its great that you have found a program that you are enjoying and I am sure that at the end of the 30 days, you will have fantastic results pictures, with actual results.

In the meantime, I guarantee if you took a picture every 3 days the "results" would go back and forth, and you will drive yourself crazy. I know, because Ihave done that to myself! I used to take "results" photos like 2 times a week, until it started making me feel bad when I had a bloated day or realized it was a camera angle that gave me a "results".

Dont stress so much, and good job sticking with the program :flowerforyou:
  • drummondk
    Options
    Cranquistador, I wasn't referring to your post. Sorry for the confusion.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Why does it matter? Just keep going. Then there will be no whether or nits there's progress it will be obvious. Keep up the good work.
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    Cranquistador, I wasn't referring to your post. Sorry for the confusion.

mmmk:flowerforyou:

either way keep taking pics and keep kicking butt
  • drummondk
    Options
    Ok, whoa...let me clarify what I meant.

I'm not asking for compliments. I appreciate the feedback--I agree that it could be bloat, food digestion, different lighting, etc. That's why I asked.

I'm referring to the sarcastic comments about science and what I'm wearing. Maybe I misunderstood those posts.