Just need to tell someone!

Options
jazzy020106
jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
So, this morning I had an interview with the blood bank =]. Someone close to me is good friends with the director and she is trying to help me get a job! I am oh so excited! I went to school to become a Medical Assistant and once I had my phlebotomy class, I knew I wanted to be a phlebotomist! I am praying that this is my opportunity! I am trying not to get too excited because she did say they get 100 applications a week, so there is ALOT of competition =/ But I am feeling very confident about it! This is a great upper to help me get out of my slump about my weight. I have been working out and eating right all month.. So i thought. I was jogging at least 3 X a week. And I thought I was doing pretty well on my eating.. but I guess I was messing up more than I realized. I have gained 10 lbs! =[ I am so upset and un motivated and discouraged. I need some encouragement please!!!!

Replies

• sexylonglegs
    Options
    good luck on the job!!!

shrug off the gain and get back on track!
  • Tabs_A
    Tabs_A Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Good Luck with the job! I'm a Med lab assistant too, and its a job that can really keep you busy. Start fresh now with the weight loss and try not to worry!
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Listen, we ALL have our 'slips'... The thing you need to look at is: was my 'slump' this time around SHORTER than the last one? If so, THAT'S progress.

Don't beat yourself up about it - this will just continue the cycle. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, pat yourself on the back for noticing the changes and TAKE ACTION! Look at your diet and look at possibly adding weight training to your cardio if you can or if you're not doing that already. You'll burn much more at rest.

Keep it up, or kick it up a notch! Just remember - YOU ARE LUCKY TO BE ABLE TO MOVE and LIVE - so live each day to the fullest :)

3 daily rules I live by: Do something to nourrish the heart/spirit, the head and the body!

YOU CAN DO IT! And good luck with the job :flowerforyou:
  • jazzy020106
    Options
    Listen, we ALL have our 'slips'... The thing you need to look at is: was my 'slump' this time around SHORTER than the last one? If so, THAT'S progress.

Don't beat yourself up about it - this will just continue the cycle. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, pat yourself on the back for noticing the changes and TAKE ACTION! Look at your diet and look at possibly adding weight training to your cardio if you can or if you're not doing that already. You'll burn much more at rest.

Keep it up, or kick it up a notch! Just remember - YOU ARE LUCKY TO BE ABLE TO MOVE and LIVE - so live each day to the fullest :)

3 daily rules I live by: Do something to nourrish the heart/spirit, the head and the body!

YOU CAN DO IT! And good luck with the job :flowerforyou:

aw! Thanks so much for this! I am really discouraged and just feel like i dont care anymore! I think I am going to start back up with C25K... I though Jogging was a GREAT way to shed off some lbs! When i lost like 30 lbs before all i ever did was the Elliptical everyday! So i though joggin outside.. was even better!
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your job and hang in there on the weight gain. I know it is frustrating!!!! Hang in there.
  • Darkraiven
    Darkraiven Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Grats on the job opportunity!

As for the weight gain... have you been exercising? Working out? Anything that will cause you to build muscle? Remember muscle weighs more than fat!

When I first began working out at Curves- I didn't see any significant weight loss right away- but let me tell you- once you get into a routine... the pounds start melting away!

I have lost inches... lost some weight.. gained a couple lbs back.. and in some cases gained a couple of those inches back.. but it's from building muscle...

I am still losing body fat.. my BMI is dropping (YAY) and my weight is also dropping...

Since I began Curves I have lost over 40+ pounds to date. I was sorry I didn't know about this site sooner so I could have that weight loss showing... but I have only been a member here for a couple weeks... and I expect my next weigh-in and measurements to reflect my hard work and dedication to myself.

You can do it! You have the possibility of a new career... and your whole life ahead of you! We all have days where we're "not so good" but you need those. Weight loss shouldn't feel like punishment- it's just a change of life and how you look at things... it's not easy.. but in the end is Soooooooo worth it!

Again- good luck and grats on the job opportunity.. it's a sign of good things to come! :flowerforyou:
  • jazzy020106
    Options
    Grats on the job opportunity!

As for the weight gain... have you been exercising? Working out? Anything that will cause you to build muscle? Remember muscle weighs more than fat!

When I first began working out at Curves- I didn't see any significant weight loss right away- but let me tell you- once you get into a routine... the pounds start melting away!

I have lost inches... lost some weight.. gained a couple lbs back.. and in some cases gained a couple of those inches back.. but it's from building muscle...

I am still losing body fat.. my BMI is dropping (YAY) and my weight is also dropping...

Since I began Curves I have lost over 40+ pounds to date. I was sorry I didn't know about this site sooner so I could have that weight loss showing... but I have only been a member here for a couple weeks... and I expect my next weigh-in and measurements to reflect my hard work and dedication to myself.

You can do it! You have the possibility of a new career... and your whole life ahead of you! We all have days where we're "not so good" but you need those. Weight loss shouldn't feel like punishment- it's just a change of life and how you look at things... it's not easy.. but in the end is Soooooooo worth it!

Again- good luck and grats on the job opportunity.. it's a sign of good things to come! :flowerforyou:

Aw thanks for the flower =]. And i was thinking JUST that today! I have a possible opportunity for a new job.. Why not just change EVERYTHING!!! A whole new (happier) me!! =] I have gotten SO much encouragment today! My motivation is still 0 because I am still in my slump a little. But i know all i have to do to get out of that is just DO IT.. stop feeling sorry and CHANGE it.. Thanks MFP i freakin LOVE U!