Hello, my name is Andrea!

I'm new here on myfitpal. My profile tells the story, and to put it short, I have to lose weight before any more damage to my body can be done from weight gain. I am done coming up with excuses and being the queen of procrastination. I am going to get in shape for nobody else but myself! Just me - me, me, me!!

It's about time I took a look at myself first and make sure that I have what I need before committing my energy and time to other people's problems. I have enough of my own and it's time to grab a broom and dustpan because I'm cleaning up my habits (esp. the foods I eat!).

I am super excited to have found this community! And I can't wait to start meeting people who share similar goals as I do - let's help each other be the best us we've ever been!!

So pumped! - Andrea:smile:

Replies

• Jaydec70
    Jaydec70 Posts: 63 Member
    Andrea

I too have had significant consequence from weight. For starters I am type 2 diabetic. Also I have a very stressful job which I have blamed my stress eating on for years. Ive just joined the site a week ago. Please feel free to and me as a friend if you wish.
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Welcome aboard Andrea...:bigsmile:
  • Hi Andrea, good luck!
  • iamandican
    iamandican Posts: 18 Member
    Thank you all for the welcome and wishes - I need all of the luck I can get!

Jaydec - I blame my last job for all of my weight gain. I was very stressed and I think even depressed because I didn't want to go anywhere after getting home from work - let alone going to the gym. I had a lack of motivation and a dread like you wouldn't imagine each morning when I woke up and had to face work another day. I left the job because I knew it was making me miserable and turning me into a lethargic person I never hope to become again. I tell myself as soon as my back gets better, I'm going to exercise every single day - no rest days for me! (But I will take it easy.. maybe a 20-30 minute walk and such) But anyways, I left that job. Looking back, I imagine what I could have done differently. I believe that if I had to do it all over again, I would somehow find the strength and take care of myself instead of playing victim to something that didn't control me after hours. Not everyone can just up and leave their jobs like I did - but I like to think that if I did go to the gym, even if just to let off steam from the day (probably would have been a great motivator), then I wouldn't have gained so much weight and could have possibly had better days at work. I wish you the best of luck and I know that once we slim down a bit, our health will improve!
  • anelsliger
    anelsliger Posts: 6 Member
    Hello Andrea, my name is Andrea too. My first day signing up and I'm embarrassed to say that after I did a rally of what I ate in the day (-714 over), I still haven't added my dinner and snacks. This is a real eye opener. Tomorrow is a brand new day and I will have some motivation by meeting a friend at the gym. The last time I weighed this much, I had a baby inside me growing :( Got to be accountable for my actions.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    You can do it! Nothing feels better than reaching or even exceeding goals. Sounds like you have a kick azz attitude :-)
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Welcome Andrea.
  • sudmom
    sudmom Posts: 202 Member
    Hi Andrea- Welcome and good luck on your weight loss.
  • anelsliger
    anelsliger Posts: 6 Member
    Thank you. Just have to say that today was my first day going to the gym early this morning and it was terrific! I am so pumped that I can't wait until tomorrow morning to do it again!
  • iamandican
    iamandican Posts: 18 Member
    Welcome, Andrea! Let this topic be known as the "Andreas" of myfitnesspal - lol. So good to hear that you had a super day at the gym! I can't wait until my back gets better and I will dive right into that experience with you. So let's be friends! :-)