no exercise...still losing!! How come??

Options
I am down with cold and flu since monday evening and have not been able to put in any exercise, not even walking. Altho i did manage to keep my diet almost in the range ( went over by 52 yesterday) . however, have lost 2 pounds in the past 2 days. i am surprised...but apprehensive. Shud i be happy about this loss or will it creep back when i am up and about. can anyone explain this loss to me??? Also, energywise, i feel totally drained out....if not for my kids, i wud stay in bed and do nothing. i am practically dragging myself around. why???

Replies

• Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    You lost weight, because weight loss is dependent on a calorie deficit and not on exercise. You could technically lose weight without a single minute of exercise, ever.
  • Soccermavrick
    Soccermavrick Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    My best guess is that you are dehydrated, or at least less hydrated than normal. Hence the loss is more than likely temporary. Though I will hope I am wrong.

There are other factors, like calories burned being an estimate, the fact that as you get fitter, muscle will help you burn calories faster, etc... Every situation is a little different.
  • MoeggenborgSugarBush
    Options
    Diet helps you take it off. Exercise helps you keep it off.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Probably dehydrated and calorie deficit explain this.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Give your body what it needs to get better even if this means more calories. Those pounds lost are likely to mean you need more fluids. Drink fluids and eat reasonable amounts of food.
  • phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Diet helps you take it off. Exercise helps you keep it off.
    uh not even close...

Diet is 100% what takes it off. Diet is 100% what keeps it off.

Exercise is 100% how you look at whatever weight your diet takes you to.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    derpity derp derp
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Youre sick. Who cares what the scale says right now? Why get on it? Get back in bed and don't think about it.
  • greenmm25
    greenmm25 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Youre sick. Who cares what the scale says right now? Why get on it? Get back in bed and don't think about it.
    ^THIS
  • Oliver_Cat_13
    Oliver_Cat_13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    A lot of this weight is probably water weight just because you are sick. Last month, I had mono and I lost 18 pounds in 2 weeks. Of course most of that came right back as soon as I was feeling better and able to eat and drink like normal again.

Right now, I would focus less on what the scale says and more on getting better!