Can you poke fun at yourself??

Options
I try not to take myself too seriously and I have a tendency to poke fun at myself, mostly it's to help ease my anxieties about myself. Since I have GAD and Depression my favorite thing to poke fun at myself is I have a ring tone called Mental Help Hotline... I love it makes me laugh. :bigsmile:

Granted not all everyone gets my quirky sense of humor when my phone accidentally went off during therapy group... oops. :frown:

Does anyone else poke fun at themselves?

Replies

• KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    All the time. After all, a kidnapper wouldn't get far trying to carry me off!
  • apatheticsloth
    Options
    All the time here too!!!

I tend to want to make everyone else feel comfortable so I'll put whatever heat on myself that will make others laugh and feel comfortable.
  • Macgeek74
    Macgeek74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I do all the time because I am an idiot so I just have fun with it. If you know me, you know im telling the truth. I think people today are just too serious and uptight. Just my opinion.
  • apatheticsloth
    Options
    I love idiots!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • TheRealOrson
    TheRealOrson Posts: 1,415 Member
    Options
    Yeah, us fat guys always have that "overcompensating" sense of humor.
  • Sparkle_Princess
    Options
    yep and Ill verify these 2 ^^^ guys are telling the truth why else would I be friends with them
  • knucklesammie
    knucklesammie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    for sure! i'm very self deprecating, but it's all in good fun! plus, i think i'm quite hilarious and like being the star of my own jokes :tongue: :wink:
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    My motto:

If you can't laugh at yourself, you can't laugh at the world

I most deffinately take the piss out of my self all the time.

:)
  • TRD66
    TRD66 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Gotta be able to laugh at yourself before ou can laugh at someone else - it's only fair :bigsmile:

I don't take myself too seriously, it makes things far easier on me and everyone else
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Of course! All the time.
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    SUre can and I do it all the time too!
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    I think I make people feel awkward sometimes cuz I make fun of myself too much. :| heh It's so easy though! :bigsmile:
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    All the time! I'm good material ;) lol
  • Caddell
    Caddell Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Sometimes too often I think. lol