New to MyFitnessPal-Need Motivation

Options
Hi!

I'm new to myfitnesspal.com and am hoping it'll help. I had lost 20lbs on Jenny Craig a couple years ago and slowly began not caring about what I ate and gained it all back. Jenny Craig was great because I could just throw things in the microwave and not have to stress about cooking, but of course you can't do that for the rest of your life. For whatever reason, my brain switched off with caring about what I ate. I need to get back on track with exercising and eating healthy. How did you motivate yourself? I need inspiration!

Thank you in advance!!

Replies

• monica2604
    Options
    I know the feeling. I lost 15 lbs before my wedding a year and a half ago. Because of various reasons I gained all that and more back. A friend told me about this and I use it on my phone too. I'm hoping it helps!! Good luck!! Right now my motivation is just fitting into my cute swimsuit and clothes I wore on our honeymoon. :)
  • mccarthyand
    Options
    You are in the right place!

This approach will teach how to take responsibility for your food choices. You will become aware of the nutritional components of what you are eating and can develop a lifestyle that will be sustainable.

Start slow and celebrate your success no matter how small at first. Just logging in and recording what you are currently eating is a big step in the right direction!

Have a great week!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    It helps motivate me to look at all the success stories on this site and on youtube.com. Just stick with it you will get there as long as you dont give up./ this is a great site and really does help
  • Welcome to MFP!!! Great to have you. I just sent you a friend request. This is a great site. Fill in the rest of your profile so you see your goals and stock up on friends to get a good support system!
  • bigred727
    Options
    well, i said to myself... it aint going to happen over night so i got to keep pushing harder. and no matter how much i didnt want to workout that day i did anyway... then on the days i did want to workout, i pushed myself harder... now i love working out.. i cant get enuf of it... its accually one of the things i look forward to doing all day... if you need any fitness tips, or new workouts just go to my profile and check out my blog... or have any questions message me, ill help you out the best i can...
  • orbgirl12
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!!! I truly appreciate your responses!
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Do it for yourself.....choosing a healthy lifestyle is challenging....Only you can do it....living a healthy,productive,& normal life...as you get older you will see the negatives of not taking care of yourself.Don't learn the lesson that way![Listen to someone who has experiances]:bigsmile:
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! YOu willl find no end of support here xxx
  • cimmera1969
    Options
    I just started MFP today!!! A friend and I are going to try it. We both need all the support and encouragement we can get! :flowerforyou:
  • crazyangel1102
    Options
    Im really hoping that this site will help as well. Im a person who likes instant gratification. I get so down on myself when I dont see instant results. I have to keep reminding myself that it didnt get there overnight its not gonna come that quick either. I have to say that my aunt told me about this site because it is helping her wioth losing weight and keeping her sugar under control.
  • cimmera1969
    Options
    I am telling EVERYONE I know about this site!!! I am amazed at the sheer number of things in the calorie counter! And it keeps track of calories left! Amazing! I keep it up at work and just plug in the info. It lets me know what I have left for the rest of the day.

I also get down on myself if I don't see immediate results!!!! It is just a LOT harder now that I am 41 and starting to have my own personal summers! Any ideas out there?!?!