Anyone NOT seen results with P90X?

think48
think48 Posts: 366 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Just curious. Obviously you have to DO it to get results, but it is SO popular right now. Anyone not happy with it?

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    not so far...13 lbs in the first 4 weeks! LOVE IT!!!
  • If you look on amazon.com you will see a ton of reviews of people who liked it and didn't .

Something tells me most of the people who didnt see any results it had more to do with them and their habits and not the program.
  • sjyates
    sjyates Posts: 175 Member
    It is a great workout if you have the time to devote to it. My husband and I did it awhile back and both saw great results. Then it just got to be too time consuming. So now we just eat healthier still using some of the P90X recipes. I am currently doing the 30 Day Shred (Jillian Michaels) and loving that it's easier to fit into my day.

We often talk about doing it again and we have bought Insanity since doing P90X, so maybe when our daughter gets a little older we'll get back into it.

Best of luck if you decide to try it! It's definitely a challenge but well worth it.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    I think it may be hard to find someone who hasn't had results

P90X and Insanity are def NOT a gimmick!!!

I say go for it if you are debating to get it or not. It's cheaper than a Gym membership/personal trainer!!!

When I do Insanity I sweat more than I ever did at a gym!! Month one it's only 30 to 40 mins long and you work your body real good!

I jumped right into Insanity when I was 175lbs. I figured if I truly want to change my body I just need to go for it. I'm also th type of person that wants to see fast results LOL and with Insanity I got that.

My brother in law has P90X and he likes it.
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    I wouldn't say I have gotten NO results, but as a post partum mom, it's not going how I would like. I am on the third month and have not lost a single lb. No weightloss, and not looking any trimmer. I will say, that I am able to do much more as far as push ups...I used to struggle to do one, now I can do 20 each rep. and I can do some pull ups which I couldn't even do before I had kids despite being a healthy weight. But, honestly, I can't wait til the 90 days is over so I can get back to TurboJam and TurboFire. That's how I lost the baby weight last time. This is my 4th and I'm getting older so the weight is a bit more stubborn.

I will also add, that I am not following the food part of the program, just the exercise. So not losing weight is probably more due to my love of chocolate and less with the program.:blushing: :embarassed:
  • Cina04
    If you look on amazon.com you will see a ton of reviews of people who liked it and didn't .

Something tells me most of the people who didnt see any results it had more to do with them and their habits and not the program.

Agreed! You got to stick w/ the program to see the results
  • thoffmann02
    thoffmann02 Posts: 3 Member
    I am completely satisfied. I didn't see any results initially, but it was because I wasn't eating right. Once I got my eating in check I lost 24 pounds in 12 weeks. I'm starting my second round today!
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Me personally I was not happy with it. Now, I know people are going to bash me on this. But everyone is different. I would not start it unless you are in pretty good shape to begin with. I'm not. I did the plyometrics for 20 min and was sore for over a week. I have never been more sore in my life to the point it made me sick and I couldnt walk for at least a week. But I stuck to it for 7 weeks. I gained 7 lbs. No, not of muscle. I measured myself to and didnt lose any inches. P90X is not a weightloss program. They tell you that over and over again. To me it is for people that are in good shape and want to get in better shape. For women they say it should be called P120X because it does take women longer to gain muscle. If you have a friend that has it borrow it. You have to dedicate 6 days a week at least an hour and a half a day to it. If you worked out doing anything 6 days a week for an hour and a half you would look great. To me save your money.
  • Rezhope
    Rezhope Posts: 1 Member
    I had amazing results with P90X. I started off with a small gutt that I was very unhappy with. Weighing in at 196 lbs. I decided to make a change in my eating habits and to finally change the kind of work out I was on. Keep in mind at this time I had just finished training for a full marathon and was an average gym goer. My weight had pretty much plateau(ed). I heard about P90X and thought I'd give it a try. Well, just like anything else if you stick to it you will have amazing results. within 90 days of the workout I skipped maybe three or four workouts (yoga maininly) due to work and I maybe cheated with food once every three to four weeks. And my results were still great. I lost 29 lbs. I am 6 ft. tall average built and I was weighing in at 167 lbs. It was great. I actually plan on starting again today since I have gained 21 lbs. of that back. Good luck and I hope this helps.
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Me personally I was not happy with it. Now, I know people are going to bash me on this. But everyone is different. I would not start it unless you are in pretty good shape to begin with. I'm not. I did the plyometrics for 20 min and was sore for over a week. I have never been more sore in my life to the point it made me sick and I couldnt walk for at least a week. But I stuck to it for 7 weeks. I gained 7 lbs. No, not of muscle. I measured myself to and didnt lose any inches. P90X is not a weightloss program. They tell you that over and over again. To me it is for people that are in good shape and want to get in better shape. For women they say it should be called P120X because it does take women longer to gain muscle. If you have a friend that has it borrow it. You have to dedicate 6 days a week at least an hour and a half a day to it. If you worked out doing anything 6 days a week for an hour and a half you would look great. To me save your money.

I've coached hundreds of people through P90X and done it myself several times. The thing that EVERY SINGLE PERSON who didn't have great results had in common was POOR NUTRITION. You can't gain weight if you are eating right and following the guide. It's not rocket science - nutrition is at least 80% of the program. The workouts are amazing, and if you're giving it your all, then it will work. But if you give it your all and then eat like you did when you got overweight, of course you'll gain weight.

Being in shape when you start helps - but really, doesn't that help everything? Jump in and do it. It's the single best decision I ever made in my life. Feel free to contact me about anything with this amazing lifestyle change. I LOVE IT!

Steve
    KnightFit.com
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    I was in HORRIBLE shape when I started this program and have had awesome results after 3 rounds and 7+ weeks of an Insanity/P90x hybrid.

If you stay true to the program you WILL get results. It's idiot proof, IMO. If you just do the workouts and fudge on the eating you'll probably see some results but won't get the desired effect. You do the workout AND follow the eating plan at 90% or better and you WILL make major strides.
  • I have used it, and really not all that impressed I was very athletic in high school, have a naturally muscular build, and expected too much. I thought it was my form. So I had my husband, who was a personal trainer in college, (not too long ago) and he even walked me through all the workouts, My form was mediocre, and I was using incorrect weight amounts, which also affected form..... ALSO.. the diet, is what my husband said, was giving that supremely cut appearance, not the workouts. Don't know about you, but that diet was NOT doable for me, not even an ounce of it.... So even though I had all of the equipment , time, motivation etc... didn't do it for MY BODY TYPE--- large butt hips, thighs, and some belly fat really starting to happen for me.. So we focused on a workout that was right for my body type.I have had really really good success with Brazil Butt Lift... honestly. And Clean eating. check out Oxygen magazine. And Clean Eating by Tosca Reno. Changed our lives. LOVE IT... So to answer your Q... no luck with P-90x, no matter how badly I wanted it. :(
  • carrieberrie

I've coached hundreds of people through P90X and done it myself several times. The thing that EVERY SINGLE PERSON who didn't have great results had in common was POOR NUTRITION. You can't gain weight if you are eating right and following the guide. It's not rocket science - nutrition is at least 80% of the program. The workouts are amazing, and if you're giving it your all, then it will work. But if you give it your all and then eat like you did when you got overweight, of course you'll gain weight.

Being in shape when you start helps - but really, doesn't that help everything? Jump in and do it. It's the single best decision I ever made in my life. Feel free to contact me about anything with this amazing lifestyle change. I LOVE IT!

Steve
    KnightFit.com

I had a team beach body coach and he watched over my diary. Everything was fine there.
  • think48
    That's always been my concern. Couldn't I have the same results if I did ANYTHING 6 days a week for an hour and a half? I consider myself in decent shape. I work out 4-5 times a week and have about 15 pounds I'd like to lose. I've wondered if its "the" program that does it or just the fact that when people start it, they are actually working out consistently.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Cina04, just wanted to say you look amazing! :happy:

I've only been doing Ab Ripper X but I've been doing it every other day for about 2 months now and I love it. I'm still not able to do every rep for every set but every time I do it, I feel myself getting stronger and I can last a little longer and my calorie burn is getting higher every time I do it, so that in itself is my result!
  • carrieberrie
    Just give it a try I'm not discouraging anyone from doing it. It is expensive. I do believe any program 85% of it is diet. It just didnt work for me. I went off of it and just started a walking program and watched what I ate and lost 35 lbs. On my journey to lose 10 more.

212900.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Cina04
    That's always been my concern. Couldn't I have the same results if I did ANYTHING 6 days a week for an hour and a half? I consider myself in decent shape. I work out 4-5 times a week and have about 15 pounds I'd like to lose. I've wondered if its "the" program that does it or just the fact that when people start it, they are actually working out consistently.

from what I'm hearing Insanity has more Cardio than P90X - I lost 16lbs w/ Insanity and 26inches off of my whole body - didn't follow the food plan either....the workouts are only 30 - 45 mins long.
  • After I had my daughter I decided to give it a try. Just to give you an idea, April 18th I went into labor I weighted 239. Today I weighed myself 158. P90x works, it works well. I was on the doubles program as well as counting cal, protein and carbs. I started Insanity today. We'll see how that works.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    from what I'm hearing Insanity has more Cardio than P90X - I lost 16lbs w/ Insanity and 26inches off of my whole body - didn't follow the food plan either....the workouts are only 30 - 45 mins long.

Insanity is pretty much ALL cardio with a few pushups thrown in. P90X is more weight driven with yoga, kenpo & plyometrics thrown in. The plyo workout in P90X is difficult until you start doing Insanity.

Insanity has made me chuckle at how easy the P90X plyo workouts are now when I do them in my "rest/recovery" week. Insanity is GREAT if you like cardio, not so great if you have knee issues though.
  • think48

Okay, cool. Maybe that is the better option then. By the way, you DO look amazing. :) I'm not sure I would want to follow the food plan for P90x either, but maybe doing the cardio/insanity would be better for me. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.