Zumba

Options
Is anyone doing Zumba? I just bought the DVD's and they look like fun but I haven't started them yet. I hurt my back so I can't really do anything right now.

Replies

• MATexidor
    MATexidor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! Zumba is...AWESOME!!!!!! I go to my gym for Zumba classes and I absolutely love it! Sometimes I am too tired (or just plain lazy) and don't want to go but I gotta tell you when I'm done it is a wonderful feeling. It is not the same old boring exercise classes we have been tortured with in the past! Try it you'll love it!
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    LOVE ZUMBA never done the DVDs just class and lots of fun once you get into it
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I've not tried the DVDs but went to a class last week and it was so much fun!! The instructor was wearing a HRM for the workout and burnt over 500 cals in 45 mins! So it's also a really good workout :)

If you enjoy dancing and having fun when you workout then you will love it! :)
    -x-x-
  • bree1609
    Options
    I've started taking Zumab again. The first time I did it, I got bored with it. Now I'm doing it once a week on Thursdays. It's a nice break from just working out alone in my living room, you know. It's lots of fun this time around (different instructor). I feel like I'm out dancing :-)
  • tookalook
    tookalook Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    classes are fun ....great work out
  • lillian2010
    Options
    I take Zumba at the gym. It is wonderful. I look forward to the workout and enjoy it alot.
  • jessicajm
    Options
    I have the DVD's and love them! I also hit classes 2 days a week... just to break things up.
    The toning workout is amazing and the Cardio party kicks BUTT!!!! I have been regularly doing Zumba 5 times a week for about 2.5 weeks and I see results... clothes are fitting more comfortably and I have muscles!!!
  • sjyates
    sjyates Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I bought the DVDs after having my baby. Before having her I was going to a class. I enjoyed the actual class more than the DVDs. I think I worked harder (the instructor was just great) in the class. I haven't done the DVDs much due to not a lot of time to fit them in. I would suggest that if you can get to a class to go there a few times to get the experience of a group class. I think having gone to a class helped me when I did use the DVDs. Good luck and I think you'll enjoy it either way! It really is a great workout and a lot of fun.
  • cbonuz
    Options
    I just got my dvds too. Last night I was reviewing the Basic Instruction....its gonna take me a little while to get the moves down properly :) I think it will be fun and an awesome burn!
  • BxMom67
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the feedback it has been very helpful. My daughter and I will be doing the DVD's and I bought the toning sticks to jazz things up. I hope to enroll in classes when I can afford it because mixing it up would be nice. I watched the video and fell in love with the music alone. I can see how you can really burn some major calories but investing in a HRM that counts calories would be ideal thanks for the input fellow MFP friends
  • MCDerin
    MCDerin Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I started Zumba 2 months ago. I had NEVER been to ANY group fitness class.
    I LOVED it. I immediately came home, got online, and registered to get certified to instruct. I train on Oct. 9th :)
    I have the DVD's too. I wanted to be able to practice at my own pace, break down the moves and get used to them.
    It makes class that much more fun. But, a LIVE class is the best. SO much more energy. The closest thing to it on the DVD's is the live cardio workout. It is great.

Good luck and I am glad you are enjoying Zumba!
  • jessicajm
    Options
    I just wanted to add that I have back issues and have had them for a long time. I have an extra vertebrae (sp???) which throws the whole thing out of whack.
    Since doing Zumba on a regular basis I have had very little to no back pain. I notice there's a huge difference in my posture etc. It's an awesome total body workout!
  • bgtorres
    bgtorres Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Where did you guys buy the Zumba DVD's?
  • pam3046
    pam3046 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Go online to zumba.com i think, or just search zumba. You can buy them on the zumba website.
  • Vanitra
    Options
    Are the Zumba DVD's expensive im thinking about ordering them so my sisters and I can do it a couple times a week I've heard nothing but great things about Zumba! They even do Zumba in our Womens Correcitonal Facilities
  • jessicajm
    Options
    Check e-bay too. I bought mine brand new with less shipping than on the Zumba Website.
  • BxMom67
    Options
    Thanks, that's pretty much what I was thinking about doing. Get the hang of it at home so I can enjoy a live class better. The cardio work out is CRAZY LOL... Can't wait until I can truly get started with it.
  • BxMom67
    Options
    The zumba dvd's came out to just under $80 with free shipping.. I also order 2 sets of the tone sticks which came out to $25-26.. They have a nice light weight to them. I haven't used them yet because my back isn't better but I can see how they would make the work out fun and if you don't like the system they offer 30 days money back guarantee so you have nothing to lose

I purchased the DVD's thru the informercial that's on about three times a day
  • carreen
    carreen Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm actually on my way to my very 1st Zumba class now. I'm a little scared.

How do ya'll track it? Under dancing, general?
  • sandyland324
    Options
    I love Zumba! After a month I finally feel like I might have a little rhythm! It's too much fun to care what I look like!