Party Snack ideas needed!

Options
kerrygailis
kerrygailis Posts: 121 Member
I am going to a party tonight & we have been asked to bring our own snacks, usually I would bake some brownies, but I wanted some healthy options to take as I really don't want to eat junk food, (it makes me feel sick now) so any recipe ideas (cheap ones lol) that you guys can share please? :smile:

Replies

• eylia
    eylia Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Fruit salad, in bite sized pieces or made into little fruit kabobs. Some DIY sushi, you can make with brown rice or even just skip the rice altogether and wrap the nori straight around veggie matchsticks. Rounds of cucumber with yummy dip/small smoked salmon curls on top...
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Make some homemade Pica De Gallo and bring some almond chips or crackers along! Pica De Gallo is super easy. 8 Romas, 1 small red onion, 1 jalapeno, 2 garlic cloves, one lime, a handful of cilantro, tablespoon of olive oil and some salt and pepper. That is all it is! Super easy to make, you can make all of it this morning, toss it in the fridge to meld together and then take with you this evening!

Then, if there are left overs, use it to make nachoes as a work snack using chips and a laughing cow wedge! Yum!
  • TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Chicken kebabs - cut chicken breast into bite-sized pieces, soak wooden skewer before stacking with chicken, mushrooms, peppers, onions, basically whatever veggies you like, sprinkle with a bit of lemon juice and cook in the oven - they look and taste really nice.

Enjoy your party x
  • chichitao
    chichitao Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Caprese skewers...

small mozzarella balls (cut in half)
    small cherry tomatoes (I use Nature Sweet cherubs - also cut in half)
    fresh basil
    toothpicks

alternate tomato, cheese, and basil on each toothpick

brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.

voila!
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I had this at a party and i couldn't walk away from it...it's called banana split kabob i think?

in toothpick put
    1/2 a strawberry
    banana slice
    piece of pineapple

warm up some dark chocolate and then drizzle it over the mini kabobs.

yummy!
  • Gnawcraft
    Gnawcraft Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Mmm, mini kabobs!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I had this at a party and i couldn't walk away from it...it's called banana split kabob i think?

in toothpick put
    1/2 a strawberry
    banana slice
    piece of pineapple

warm up some dark chocolate and then drizzle it over the mini kabobs.

yummy!

Yummy!

Banana slices will turn brown ..... so either dip them in lemon juice ..... or completly coat with chocolate.
  • ST99000722
    ST99000722 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    In for ideas...

I usually go for breadsticks, sticks of carrot, pepper , cucumber, mangetout & celery with a low cal dip.
  • Lemmynade
    Lemmynade Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Fried almonds: blanched raw almonds, (if blanching yourself, make sure you dry them well!), olive oil, fresh thyme, sea salt.

Heat your oil (just about 2-3 tbls for a cup of almonds will do), throw in your almonds and watch them. You'll know when they're done by the smell (think toasted almond smell!), and they'll have light browning. You could probably even just coat them in olive oil and bake them. When they're nearly done, add the thyme until heated, remove from heat, drain, and sprinkle with sea salt. They're crunchy, good fatty, and tasty!