strength toning plan needed (HELP!)

Options
With the help of strictly monitoring calories in vs. calories out, I have lost 41 lbs...almost half way to what I believe is my goal weight. But now I find that I need to start toning up cause things are looking a bit saggy.

Here is what my current exercise plan looks like.

Monday: C25K (today w3d1)
Tuesday: Zumba
Wednesday: C25K
Thurdsday: Step Class
Friday: C25K
Saturday : was Zumba - but that class has ended - am looking into getting the videos
Sunday: optional workout/rest day

What is missing is strength/toning (although at some point I know I am going to have to up the daily cardio too). I have a membership at the work gym ($4.08 per month...can't go wrong with that), and a few weights at home. I am looking for help with setting up a plan (exercises/reps etc.) for total body strength and toning.

Anyone willing to share their routine, or suggest websites that can assist would be great. Thanks

Replies

• hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    stumptuous.com
    nerdfitness.com

The best strength training plan will incorporate a variety of compound movements. In general, you're wasting time if you focus on muscle isolation exercises like bicep curls. Compound movements, using bodyweight or free weights, will give you the most bang for the buck.
  • flattsfan22
    flattsfan22 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Look into Chalean Extreme its a beach body program. It is mainly strength training but there is some cardio incoroporated into it as well. With as much cardio as you do I would omit that and just doing the strength training days. Good luck. I love CLX and recommend it to everyone wanting to bulk up. You can do search in the forum to read more about it.
  • shannie_134
    Options
    I have a pilates kit,swiss ball and bands,I know they work as my other half uses them at his gym,I just need to use mine!!