Best Smoothie Blender?

Options
I have a Food Ninja, but it doesn't really chop the the fruits and veggies up fine enough. Things like Kale and Raspberries are not enjoyable at all in the smoothie.

Can anyone suggest a blender that will really pulverize everything?

Replies

• alzogirl
    Options
    The Vitamix, there is nothing comparable. It is pricy but well worth the investment. In addition to making great smoothies, it can make and heat soup!!!
  • beccamh
    beccamh Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have a nutribullet ($100) and it works well. We use it every morning for smoothies with kale, fzn berries and water. Best part is if you rinse it right away you rarely have to "wash it". A vitamix ($400) is better but more expensive.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Nothing beats our VitaMix... worth every penny.....
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    The Vitamix, there is nothing comparable. It is pricy but well worth the investment. In addition to making great smoothies, it can make and heat soup!!!

This... and makes Peanut butter too!! :drinker:
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Nutribullet!!
  • patfriendly
    patfriendly Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Blendtec
  • Travelgal622
    Travelgal622 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Vitamix is pricey but so worth every dime, it is an awesome smoothie maker, juicer and many many other makers. I love mine and really reccomend it. QVC sales them sometimes on interest free payments so it makes the price a little easier. I was lucky to get one as a Christmas gift from my Parents. Good luck!:smile:
  • amanda_gent
    amanda_gent Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the Vitamix! I use it everyday and love it to pieces! (7 year warranty and great customer service, too!)
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I did research on it about a year ago and Vitamix and Blendtec were by far the best products. Anyone who owns either one basically says its there #1 appliance in there kitchen and have zero regret. Check out those two and make up your own mind.

I ended up going with the Blendtec for 3 reasons:
    1) fit on counter, under cabinets. So its always out ready to use
    2) Easy to clean big open tops and dishwasher okay (although 85% of the time its a rinse in sink with a little soap added)
    3) timing- rebate at Costco (if you are a member at costco, the return policy is awesome if you find you just dont use it)

Forgot to add link, hence the edit
    http://www.blenderbabes.com/blender-babes-101/blender-reviews/blendtec-vs-vitamix/#clean
  • kingtermite
    kingtermite Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    That's almost true.

Blendtec is comparable. Both Vitamix and Blendtec are awesome and will do the job (I have a Vitamix...you know it's powerful when it rates its motor in horsepower, not watts). After these two, though, nothing is comparable.
  • smithed812
    smithed812 Posts: 289
    Options
    Well I was going to suggest my Ninja, but I guess that is the same thing as your food ninja :\
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I have a NutriBullet and use it ALL of the time. It works great and is only $99.
  • goldylocs37
    goldylocs37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options

^This... you won't regret it. I use mine every day.
  • kingtermite
    kingtermite Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Do youube searches. You'll find many great "showdown" videos to compare various blenders.

Vitamix vs. Nutribullet
    http://youtu.be/m7Isoqe44u4

Ninja vs. Vitamix
    http://youtu.be/LWb41309PuI

Blendtec vs. Vitamix
    http://youtu.be/H7tEjV3Ufq4
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Nutribullet.
  • KoRnKraZy
    KoRnKraZy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It depends how much you are willing to spend.

If you willing to spend a little more, then something like the Vitamix.

If you want something that does a great job and is pretty cheap then the Nutribullet!

I'm from New Zealand so buying a Vitamix is over 1000 dollars so I got a Nutribullet for around 200 dollars.

I love it!
  • itsnevrenough
    Options
    Hands down, Vitamix. I throw everything in there, including my flax seed which it grinds so nicely. I can throw it in whole with my smoothie ingredients, and it comes out so smooth.

My brother let his girlfriend talk him into getting a Blendtec. I had alredy had my Vitamix for years. He wanted a "showdown." I brought my Vitamix over and the first thing we tried was making almond butter out of almonds. We threw the almonds in each and flipped them on. I had almond butter. He had a smoking (literally) Blendtec. He returned it, and purchased a Vitamix.
  • Ayne6246
    Ayne6246 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    LOVE my Ninja! No problem with making smoothies unless I over fill it.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    A vote against the Magic Bullet. I haven't used the Nutribullet, and after my experience with the MB, I now never will.

The MB was poorly constructed - the tabs on the cups break off easily. But that's not the deal breaker.

The MB was noisy - you need earplugs to stand near the thing. But that's not the deal breaker either.

The deal breaker was when I started noticing what can best be described as black slime in the underside of the blender. I thought at first it was leaked smoothie, oxidizing to turn black or something. I put it out of my mind. Then I started noticing a metallic taste in my smoothies. Off to the internet I go. I discover that the magic bullet has a tendency to leak bearing oil, and that this oil gets into the smoothie.

Needless to say, it's now in the trash. I have a zippy new Ninja Mega Kitchen System, and I love it. My smoothies no longer taste like licking copper coins, and I no longer have the daily assault on my hearing.
  • healthyKYgirl
    healthyKYgirl Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I have a Food Ninja, but it doesn't really chop the the fruits and veggies up fine enough. Things like Kale and Raspberries are not enjoyable at all in the smoothie.

Can anyone suggest a blender that will really pulverize everything?

It depends on what you want to spend. I got a Faberware blender with a great motor at Wal-Mart for $35 or so. It chops everything and blends everything. I put spinach and raspberries in my smoothie. It's really smooth and really blended. For the price and what it does, I am extremely happy! :)

One day I might get a vitamix, but right now, I am not interested in spending that type of money. And I throw in frozen fruit, bananas, spinach/kale, ice, protein powder, etc. and it's smooth and tasty for me. I haven't tried any harder vegetables though like carrots...so I don't know how it would do with something like that.