Any rowers out there?

Options
My friend is teaching me to row this weekend and I was just wondering if there were any rowers on the site?
I am so excited to learn. It's something I've always wanted to do and never thought ever have the chance/be fit enough to do!

Replies

• Beebee78
    Options
    We row! We're joining the local club shortly xxx
  • SP0472
    SP0472 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I envy both of you. I'd love to learn but I don't think I could fit into a boat right now :( BUT..the rowing machines at the gym are my FAVE workout! So hard and intense! Love them!
  • Beebee78
    Options
    I always feel like I am going to fly off a rowing machine lol!!! I love the pull of the water! I prefer rowing in shallow sea water best. We mainly kayak xxx
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited, (I know I already said that!) I've never even tried a rowing machine, but my friend said she'd start me on that first to teach me. I always thought it looked so peaceful out there on the water. I've heard it's a total body low impact workout, so I'm interested to see what the calorie burn is like. We have lots of water right here near us for Kayaking and rowing clubs a few miles away. If I like it I'd like to get my husband involved.
  • CHeMoTaCTiC
    CHeMoTaCTiC Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I was a collegiate rower; lightweight mens. I have a Concept 2 Model E erg in my basement and that is my preferred means of working out. I row 4 or 5 times a week on it. Its the best exercise there is, in my opinion: (almost) full body and very low impact. Also, done correctly rowing strengthens your lower back muscles considerably and that helps a bunch as you grow older - much less likely to experience back pain if you keep those muscles strong and supportive of your spine.
  • lilbear911
    Options
    I was a rower for three years in highschool! (My small little brag.. My double partner and I were ranked 9th in the nation!) It is an AWESOME excerise for every part of the body and it is soooo relaxing!!! I haven't been out on the water (in a scull) in awhile, but I miss it sooooo much!!! I hope you enjoy it! Remember to take it easy the first few times because it can be easy to get carried away and try to push yourself to much!! HAVE FUN!!!