It's a bird.. it's a plane.. It's a..Vitamix!?

Options
The infomercial makes this product look gnarly. I want to make peanut butter.

HOWEVER.

They are pricey.

So I was wondering if any of you use a Vitamix regularly and could give me some insight as to whether you think it was worth the money.

I currently use a blender that I paid $150 for, however the motor is dying and I've only had it for about a year.
So I am in the blender market and I'd really love to not pay a lot of money for a low quality product.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

:drinker:

Replies

• cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    i jsut got one about a month ago. I LOVE IT. I have used it to make smoothies/juices, bread mixes, homemade nutella and a couple other things. Next on my list is pistachio butter, soups, homemade sauces, etc. Yes it was EVERY expensive (as much as my rent) but i know it's worth it
  • TodayImEvolving
    TodayImEvolving Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    What model did you buy? :)
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Vitamix Professional Series 300 with 64 Oz. Container
  • smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I bought a refurbished 7500 off their website a few months ago. We love it. I've made tomato soup with it even. I use it at least once a day for post workout or protein shakes.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I like mine. But then, I end up breaking all of my kitchen equipment and know from the outset I'd better buy something tough. I'm just too hard on it (and I expect to use it forever and a day).

Last blender gave up on crushing ice after less than a year. Last mixer smoked, sparked, and died on brioche dough but lasted at least a couple of years for me.
  • ladylaume
    ladylaume Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I really like my Ninja i use it for making cookies, bread, juicing, smoothies and its just a bit cheaper
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Yes, the Ninja is a good alternative to a Vitamix. Love my Ninja.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I just saw one of these being demonstrated at Costco. It was amazing. while we were watching a couple came by who said they had had one for ten years and still loved it and used it all the time.
    I want one, it is on my Christmas list to Santa. Lol
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I would ADORE a vitamix. But I'm poor :( I have an oscar juicer though. We're very good friends, and he makes me icecream and nut butter
  • TodayImEvolving
    Options
    Thank you!

I'm definitely going to buy it, I feel comfortable because of the very long warranty.

Thanks for all the advice!

:glasses:
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    You're going to love it. I've been using mine an average of four times a week for the past seven years or so. Even if it were to die now, it will have paid for itself many times over. (I doubt it will die soon, though, considering my dad has had his for at least seventeen years and it's still working fine).

If money is an issue, wait until Costco has it on sale -- they usually do at least twice a year, and it's a significant discout. :)
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for about six years and it gets HEAVY use! I love it and will never go back to a regular blender again. We make smoothies, nut butters, sorbet, blended drinks, pancake and waffle batter from whole grain (literally, the grain) and a bunch of other stuff. My motor has never even blinked at me. I had a minor issue with the blade assembly but my husband called VM to see how much it would cost us to replace it and they sent us a new pitcher, blade assembly included, free of charge because it's still under warranty. We didn't even have to pay shipping. :)

It was expensive but it has paid for itself many times over, especially since I seem to be really hard on small kitchen appliances.
  • TodayImEvolving
    Options
    I've had mine for about six years and it gets HEAVY use! I love it and will never go back to a regular blender again. We make smoothies, nut butters, sorbet, blended drinks, pancake and waffle batter from whole grain (literally, the grain) and a bunch of other stuff. My motor has never even blinked at me. I had a minor issue with the blade assembly but my husband called VM to see how much it would cost us to replace it and they sent us a new pitcher, blade assembly included, free of charge because it's still under warranty. We didn't even have to pay shipping. :)

It was expensive but it has paid for itself many times over, especially since I seem to be really hard on small kitchen appliances.

I'm glad the warranty is so comprehensive!
  • bfl2010
    bfl2010 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Prior to my Vitamix, I used a Ninja. I thought the Ninja was great but friends said that it doesn't blend as smooth as a Vitamix plus a Vitamix does a lot more than just blend. So I plunged and purchased a Vitamix 750. This attracted me because it has 5 presets. So far I've used the smoothie setting and clean up. settting.

The smoothie compared to my Ninja is much smooootherr and the drink taste "light". It's hard to explain it because its liquid but it does taste light and not heavy.

Since this is such an investment, Hmmm, I think I will start a diary or blog about my Vitamix journey.. Let's see..