Where is my party?

Options
I reached my goal this weekend. Yippeee!! I lost 31 lbs, my goal was 30lbs.

Anyway I started my journey the day after Valentines Day of this year. I have not been a yoyo dieter; I have just slowly gained over the years and finally had enough. I also had little to no knowledge about proper nutrition and decided I need to make some changes. My husband was a big motivating factor. He races motorcycles and was making diet changes too. Since I started I have only weighed myself when I went to visit my in-laws which ended up to be about 10 times in the 7 months. I was afraid to buy a scale in fear I would want to step on it daily. I knew I wouldn’t handle that well. I am proud we have done it right. We have eaten at home more, eaten a lot more veggies and took advantage of the nutrition stats that California restaurants provide. I am really excited about the lifestyle changes we have made. We have a good chance of sticking to it long term… excuse me -for life.

Anyways I woke up this AM weighed myself and ran in to tell my Hubby. I was telling him that I was excited to enter my new weight into myfitnesspal. I told him that I wonder how many calories I get now to maintain my goal weight and if the site says, “Congrats you did it,” or something. Well I logged on and excitedly entered my new weight and nothing really happened. Where was my little party?!?! I felt like the kid in the movie A Christmas Story that finally got the Little Orphan Annie’s secret decoder ring and was going to find out the secret message. All he found out was drink more Ovaltine. --That’s it! Nothing happens. Oh well! The compliments and loose clothes are congratulation enough! Keep it up everyone!!! It is worth it.

Replies

• missmaya24
    missmaya24 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Way to stick to it and get it done. Be proud of yourself!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    II reached my goal this weekend. Yippeee!! I lost 31 lbs, my goal was 30lbs.

Anyway I started my journey the day after Valentines Day of this year. I have not been a yoyo dieter; I have just slowly gained over the years and finally had enough. I also had little to no knowledge about proper nutrition and decided I need to make some changes. My husband was a big motivating factor. He races motorcycles and was making diet changes too. Since I started I have only weighed myself when I went to visit my in-laws which ended up to be about 10 times in the 7 months. I was afraid to buy a scale in fear I would want to step on it daily. I knew I wouldn’t handle that well. I am proud we have done it right. We have eaten at home more, eaten a lot more veggies and took advantage of the nutrition stats that California restaurants provide. I am really excited about the lifestyle changes we have made. We have a good chance of sticking to it long term… excuse me -for life.

Anyways I woke up this AM weighed myself and ran in to tell my Hubby. I was telling him that I was excited to enter my new weight into myfitnesspal. I told him that I wonder how many calories I get now to maintain my goal weight and if the site says, “Congrats you did it,” or something. Well I logged on and excitedly entered my new weight and nothing really happened. Where was my little party?!?! I felt like the kid in the movie A Christmas Story that finally got the Little Orphan Annie’s secret decoder ring and was going to find out the secret message. All he found out was drink more Ovaltine. --That’s it! Nothing happens. Oh well! The compliments and loose clothes are congratulation enough! Keep it up everyone!!! It is worth it.

I think you're right! You DO deserve some balloons and celebration! You've done great!

I used to go to a gym that when you reached a certain level of workout time you moved up a level and the log on screen had a huge burst of fireworks ...it was way cool!!:laugh: I'd stand there and spend a few minutes staring at it feeling so good about how hard I'd been working. Some of the levels you'd get a t-shirt, a water bottle, different things, that was nice but the fireworks were always the coolest to me. :laugh:

grads-1.gif

200_Balloons_-_Animated.gif

EDIT: Ya know you really put a smile on my face with your post, have no clue why my mood dropped a bit tonight but it did. Checking out the board just before going to bed and seeing your post made me smile and brought my mood way up!!

Thanks for that!! (probably why you got the balloons!):laugh: :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. :flowerforyou: :happy: You have good point. Last night I drank more than 8 glasses and the glass spilled over in the food diary. Cute. When you lose more than 10 pounds the site asks if you want to recalculate your calorie goal. It is funny nothing happens when you reach your goal. However it is so great all the same. Enjoy. :flowerforyou:
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Congrats....im sure you are very proud.... and you have a right to be!!!:flowerforyou:
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    Congratulations on doing so well and such a great weight loss! You should be very proud of yourself for reaching your goals. We are all very proud of you!
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Well done xxx
  • MickeyLeigh
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I can't wait unitl I hit my goal! We are all having a party for you here!!
  • itsbella
    itsbella Posts: 1,101
    Options
    Cheetah! Have your own party!! You deserve it!! Congratulations!
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching (and surpassing!!) your goal!!!!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for a job well done!!:flowerforyou: :love:
  • wyld4eva
    wyld4eva Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATION.....you did it and that is awesome.
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    You should definately have a party at home or somewhere for yourself - it will be much more enjoyable than the computerized balloons anyway!!!

WAY TO GO!!!
  • Darkraiven
    Darkraiven Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Absofreakinlootleypositively AWESOME! You DID IT! You are a great example to everyone that it CAN BE DONE!

Treat yourself to something you enjoy doing and celebrate this accomplishment! You deserve it!

Way to go! :flowerforyou:
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    OMG A PARTY... I'm running to get sna.....

oh...

dammit....

carrot sticks.

:D

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!
  • MystcDrmr
    MystcDrmr Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    congrats on reaching your goal very proud of you ...
  • cheetahsize
    cheetahsize Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone!!!!!!!!!!! You all rock!!!
  • cheetahsize
    cheetahsize Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    HealthyChanges2 - Thanks so much for the fireworks and balloons and I am so glad I made you smile! Yeah!!!
  • mrocka
    mrocka Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    congrats on reaching your goal!!!!
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching your goal. I love hearing this, really keeps me going. Thanks for sharing.

:drinker::flowerforyou: :drinker::flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Well done! I just did a little dance for ya x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!