3rd week... Finally feel safe to say hi! :)

Options
So... You know how it is, with change. You make one and then a few days.. weeks.. (hours?). .. later you change it right back! :)

I wasn't sure what to expect when I joined, but it's been amazing. 3 weeks on a new eating plan has to be some sort of record for me! The website is easy, I'm seeing results and I'd love to make some more friends so I can stay motivated and contribute something back to the site which is helping me so much!

At the age of 32 now, I'm the heaviest I've -ever- been. I really stacked the weight on when I left my husband of 10 years just after our son was born. (My little boy is 3, almost 4)

The last few years have been challenging, but now I'm really wanting to take control back and feel good, have more energy and look much better so I'll have the courage to get out there and live life to the full. :)

So... now that I think it's safe to say I'll be sticking around..... Hello! :)

Replies

• gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Hello!!!! Welcome. Glad you decided to stay :D
  • danacriley
    Options
    hi - congrats on staying with it! you can do this!!!!
  • GetBackontrack
    Options
    Welcome! Stick with it and work hard and you will be successful. I love the food tracker. I have learned so much in past 8 weeks. I have a lot to lose becuase I let my weight getway from me becuase of my personal life hit the skids. That is in the past and I use these tools everyday to keep me on track and even posted a picture of myself (It is scary because I just don't don't ever post my picture but it is such a motivator for me)

For me, I log on, i am reminded why I have started this new life plan.
    Good Luck :)
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! This is a great place with lots of supportive people. :) We're all in this together.
  • californiajuls
    californiajuls Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I love MFP and I am sure you will too. Everyone is awesome and supportive. Good luck on you goals. You can do it!!

1630152.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Utahbeth
    Options
    Welcome! I'm glad you're sticking it out. I'm here to try to reverse the 20+ years of bad choices and cheeseburgers. :)
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It's a great site, I know you will be sucessful. Keep up the good work!
  • lovelylor
    lovelylor Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    :smile: Way to go! I just started today and look forward to reporting that I am still sticking to it in 3 weeks - but today, a good day/start.
  • willimh
    willimh Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Welcome and you will see results if you do your part.
  • Kippster
    Kippster Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome, i am new too, i've been on here almost a week, but i can't say i'm doing very good, but i certainly will not quit, i need to get myself to a healthy weight so i can feel good about myself once again, feel free to add me as your friend if you want and together we can motivate one another!!!:happy:
  • Shash27
    Shash27 Posts: 172
    Options
    Hello and Welcome!! Glad you decided to stay!!
  • Levahna
    Levahna Posts: 132
    Options
    Welcome and so glad you're still here!! I've never stuck with anything when it comes to losing weight and there are times I've wanted to not do this too. I've stuck around because the support here is great and keeps me focused on what I want for myself. I am sure you will find that too!! Best of luck on this journey!!!!!
  • NicoleMcBride
    Options
    Hello and Welcome. I feel the same way, change in technique. Glad you stayed, I am still trying to learn my way around this site and as soon as I figure it out, I will request to be your friend. Till then stay motivated :D