Hair Fall and Weight Loss / Diet ?

Options
Hey All,

Since I have started following weight loss Diet and exercising regularly...I have noticed that I am losing LOT OF hair...I can see a noticeable difference in just two months... They have really become thin :(

Did anyone else face the same problems ?? Remedies ???

Replies

• TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your deficient of some vitamins....are you taking a mega multi vitamin....if not I would suggest you start that and see if it helps.
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    Yes, you are definately not getting enough vitamins. LOAD UP
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Start taking vitamins! If this continues see a doctor immediately!
  • lovelylor
    lovelylor Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I read some time ago that if you notice a lot of hair (13+) when you brush it POSSIBLY COULD indicate a Thyroid concern.
    Don't panick I'm probably wrong, I just remember it - may have it ck'd at your next physical. L
  • simply_healthy
    simply_healthy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Yeah !! I do take a multi vitamin capsule (called Chromoplex) daily after dinner... Should I start taking Primerose Oil Capsules as well ????
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Actually, I just looked at your food diary. This is a pretty extreme result for you eating so well. My suggestion would be to go see a doctor with a printout of what you've been eating.
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    I like GNC's Active Women Multivitamin... loaded with pretty much everything. :-)
  • dogdaze
    dogdaze Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I see you have lost 9 kg - that is impressive weight loss:smile: . How long did it take you?

Sometimes losing a lot of weight very quickly (or even a sudden drastic change in lifestyle) can trigger something called telogen effluvium (it can also result in hair loss after a variety of other triggers varying from childbirth to fever).

A multivitamin won't do you any harm but I'd certainly suggest seeing a doctor if the hair loss continues or is worrying you.
  • RCharlesworth
    Options
    Checking with a doc isn't a bad idea. When my wife had gastric bypass surgery years ago, the dietician said hair loss was possible and recommended a product called something like "hair skin and nails". It's a vitamin supplement and I seem to remember it was available at Wal-mart.
  • VCStarr
    VCStarr Posts: 155
    Options
    I would suggest the first step is to bring your nutrition and exercise daily printouts to your doctor. He may suggest some helpful changes. Also multivitamins and water help. On top of that gelatin helps hair and nails grow so try eating some jello. Or powdered gelatin mixed into some milk.
  • CDresp
    CDresp Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I strongly suggest that you have your thyroid levels checked.