I highly recommend you check this out

This is a link for Jim Stoppani's "six week shortcut to shred" program. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jim-stoppani-six-week-shortcut-to-shred.html

If nothing else, the video on nutrition is 18 min long and explains in detail why we need certain foods and the quality and quantity of each macro. If you're looking for a great workout plan, watch the videos and you may find this one to be for you.

For me, I'm taking the valuable info about nutrition and maybe when I get more experience in the weightlifting, I will try this plan out :)

Replies

• twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    He is fine as hell, I am watching it now hard to focus with a dream body like that. Ok I watched the video definitely going to try his workout plan today I am not big on cardio and I like lifting weights and I like the fact he said all I have to do between sets is 1 minute of cardio. My kind of work out. Thanks for sharing :smile:
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    I did this program this past winter... It's by far my FAVORITE program I've ever tried. It's structured to up your weight and lower the reps each week with a 4 day split. I saw *very* good progress doing this program with HIIT cardio 3 times a week. I'm planning on doing it again come October. I'm in love with the way it's structured. I made some pretty big advances on my weights for each lift by the end of the program.

It's really a very simple plan to follow (workout-wise). The moves aren't too crazy- if you're new to lifting then the Romanian Deadlift may be the strangest for you. I had to ask my brother (fitness-nut/football player since birth) if I was doing it correctly- he gave me some pointers that probably saved my lower back. It'd be ideal if you could do 1 or 2 sessions with a trainer to get correct forms on the lifts you're unsure about. But overall, I also highly recommend this program, speaking from experience.

Edit- Jumped the gun on that one. I was talking about shortcut to size in my above rambling. I did the shortcut to shred back in May- it was also a pretty kick a$s program. Definitely shows you how in shape you are when it comes to the cardiovascular side of things. I could only do 45 seconds of the intervals between sets when I first started to avoid bad form in my lifts.
  • fitbugfreak
    fitbugfreak Posts: 86 Member
    bump - want to read this when I have more time
  • Spartan_1_1_7
    Spartan_1_1_7 Posts: 132 Member
    bump
  • I did this program this past winter... It's by far my FAVORITE program I've ever tried. It's structured to up your weight and lower the reps each week with a 4 day split. I saw *very* good progress doing this program with HIIT cardio 3 times a week. I'm planning on doing it again come October. I'm in love with the way it's structured. I made some pretty big advances on my weights for each lift by the end of the program.

It's really a very simple plan to follow (workout-wise). The moves aren't too crazy- if you're new to lifting then the Romanian Deadlift may be the strangest for you. I had to ask my brother (fitness-nut/football player since birth) if I was doing it correctly- he gave me some pointers that probably saved my lower back. It'd be ideal if you could do 1 or 2 sessions with a trainer to get correct forms on the lifts you're unsure about. But overall, I also highly recommend this program, speaking from experience.

Edit- Jumped the gun on that one. I was talking about shortcut to size in my above rambling. I did the shortcut to shred back in May- it was also a pretty kick a$s program. Definitely shows you how in shape you are when it comes to the cardiovascular side of things. I could only do 45 seconds of the intervals between sets when I first started to avoid bad form in my lifts.

That is awesome! Both programs I have looked at and they look fantastic! Did you follow the nutrition part of it?
  • He is fine as hell, I am watching it now hard to focus with a dream body like that. Ok I watched the video definitely going to try his workout plan today I am not big on cardio and I like lifting weights and I like the fact he said all I have to do between sets is 1 minute of cardio. My kind of work out. Thanks for sharing :smile:

LOL he is, right? I think I may give it a try after I complete a couple weeks of the program I'm doing :)
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    I did this program this past winter... It's by far my FAVORITE program I've ever tried. It's structured to up your weight and lower the reps each week with a 4 day split. I saw *very* good progress doing this program with HIIT cardio 3 times a week. I'm planning on doing it again come October. I'm in love with the way it's structured. I made some pretty big advances on my weights for each lift by the end of the program.

That is awesome! Both programs I have looked at and they look fantastic! Did you follow the nutrition part of it?

Not really... I do my own thing. High protein, moderate carbs & moderate fats. I just adjust my calories to whether I'm trying to gain or lose. They tout way too many supplements in their programs on that site. The supps I've used are whey protein, casein protein (before bed), fish oil, multi vitamin, creatine and sometimes C4 pre-workout.
  • JTutz
    JTutz Posts: 69 Member
    Bumping to shred
  • [/quote]Not really... I do my own thing. High protein, moderate carbs & moderate fats. I just adjust my calories to whether I'm trying to gain or lose. They tout way too many supplements in their programs on that site. The supps I've used are whey protein, casein protein (before bed), fish oil, multi vitamin, creatine and sometimes C4 pre-workout.
    [/quote]

I know what you mean about the supps. I drink a high quality protein drink, post workout drink, multi, fish oil and CLA along with calcium, b's, and vitamin D. I am using the maco counts as a guide though :)
  • Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    bump
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    bump