Best Smoothie Blender?

Options
2»

Replies

• perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Get a Vitamix you will love it. My smoothie consists of (all whole) beets, carrot, avocado, cucumber, spinach, a banana, a lemon and a few other things and it comes out smooth with a nice texture no chunks or pieces.
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I was PISSED at my husband for buying a Vitamix (so much money for a damn blender)... but then I used it. For EVERYTHING. I'm not mad anymore. :happy:
  • itsnevrenough
    Options
    I was PISSED at my husband for buying a Vitamix (so much money for a damn blender)... but then I used it. For EVERYTHING. I'm not mad anymore. :happy:

HAHA! You get over that inital price shock when you see how wonderful they are. My mom is still using hers from the 60's. Mine is a mid-1990's model. Love it!
  • shezzzzz
    shezzzzz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Vitamix!! Although I would consider a Blendtec if I didn't already have the Vitamix.

My daughter thought I was stupid for paying so much money until she popped in to see me the other night, hungry.

I made her an iced coffee, then some soup, then salsa for nacho chips, then mixed up a batch of crab cakes, and then for dessert, some greek yogurt with frozen berries blended to make an ice cream. All in the blender.

Anything that will make both hot soup from raw veggies, and then make a frozen dessert gets points from me.

Edit - it will also chop half a head of cabbage for coleslaw in 5 seconds.
  • Wretched61
    Wretched61 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I also am a proud new owner of a Vitamix, only mine I bought refurbished. It's still a little pricey, but not as expensive as a brand new one. It comes with a 5 year warranty, can't beat that! What it CAN beat, though, is everything else! I put chia seed, flax seed, and raw wheat germ in my smoothies, along with kale and spinach. It really does pulverize everything into a nice, smooth, creamy smoothie. I love the texture of everything it blends. I
  • vickeydorton
    vickeydorton Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have nutiBULLET and have used it everyday for over a year to make my smoothies- I paid 49$ for mine on sale= well orth my 50$-
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I :heart: my Vitamix. Spendy but I've never regretted purchasing it. 7 year warranty too.
  • Desireec11
    Options
    I recently bought the Blendtec & it's amazing!! It's about $320 at Costco & I believe it's worth every penny.
  • lauraleighsm
    Options
    Without a doubt..the Vitamix!
  • ITTYbitty04
    ITTYbitty04 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have a nutribullet ($100) and it works well. We use it every morning for smoothies with kale, fzn berries and water. Best part is if you rinse it right away you rarely have to "wash it". A vitamix ($400) is better but more expensive.
    I agree! I have a Nutribullet also and have gotten my money's worth. I'd love to have a Vitamix also but couldn't see paying that much.

When I make my smoothies that are smooth and creamy and I don't have to chew anything lol!

I wasn't sure I'd stick with it so went for the lesser expensive route. I like the small portable size and have taken it with me on many vacations.

If suggest trying the Nutribullet. See what the return policy is first and send it back if it's not what you're looking for. :smile:
    Good luck
  • appifanie
    appifanie Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've had my vitamix about 5 years and I love it. I got a used one (with the same warranty as new) for $398 but it was worth it because I burned out at least 2-4 blenders before it.

My mom bought a magic bullet and gave it to me and it worked once and never again, but she'd bought it at Bed Bath and Beyond so the magic bullet people were all "tough crap."
  • bincorvati
    Options
    My Ninja Professional model came with 2 individual smoothie cups and a blade for them. It's this accessory item that has me loving my Ninja! Everything smooth and delicious, flax seeds included!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I use a Kitchenaid blender when making big batches. It handles frozen fruits like a dream. If I'm just mixing some yogurt with soft things and no frozen fruits, I might use my Cuisinart Smart Stick, since that's much easier to set up, clean, and put away.
  • dynamicpoetry
    Options
    If you can't afford $400 for the vitamix, get the ninja QB1004. Consumer Reports reported it makes smoothies just about equal to the Vitamix (It actually rated higher). It is FAR better than the bigger Ninja Blender (I have both) and at $60 it's a real bargain. It doesn't look like much but it's an outstanding blender all the way around.
  • swillis245
    Options
    I have a NutriBullet, which I love. Use it for fruit only smoothies -- chops apples, pears, frozen strawberries, frozen bananas really well. I have even used it on carrots -- works great! I haven't used it on any greens, but if it does frozen fruits this well, it would do great with greens also! Good luck!