So FULL

Options
I always try to meet my calorie goals with healthy clean foods. If i actually meet my calorie goal i feel extremely full and i gain weight. Even if i am under my calorie goal for the day and i feel full I will gain weight. Why am i gaining weight from feeling full? I'm so confused I am always in a deficit so it cannot be fat? My food diary is open. Thanks to all who try to help!

Replies

• Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    You diary isn't opened.

What do you mean by gaining weight, are we talking numbers on the scale of we talking pants tighter and bigger measurements?
  • Escape_Artist
    Options
    Ok, I see now, you eat around 1500 so that's a deficit for sure, your carbs seem high, almost 300g a day, not that it's a bad thing in itself but could you be feeling bloated?
  • eelizabethk
    Options
    Pants seem tighter and scale says bigger numbers.. :(
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Pants seem tighter and scale says bigger numbers.. :(

The next morning after you've gone to the restroom, or are you talking about immediately after meals?

When do you weight yourself? How often? What does the trend line look like?
  • melrod2
    melrod2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    it looks like you are eating nearly 100g sugar a day which is ALOT. 30-40g is generally the recommended amount. even if the sugar is coming from clean and healthy foods like fruit its still sugar, so i would limit your fruit intake a little more or find fruits that dont quite have as much sugar in them. bananas tend to have a lot more than berries, melons and such.
  • eelizabethk
    Options
    Usually in the morning after I go to the bathroom. Could it be the sugar?
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    you look very small already.

and you could use some more protein yes, but i wouldnt stress about the sugar.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Are you estimating your portions, or do you use a food scale?

ETA: I also wouldn't worry too much about sugar.
  • Escape_Artist
    Options
    it looks like you are eating nearly 100g sugar a day which is ALOT. 30-40g is generally the recommended amount. even if the sugar is coming from clean and healthy foods like fruit its still sugar, so i would limit your fruit intake a little more or find fruits that dont quite have as much sugar in them. bananas tend to have a lot more than berries, melons and such.

:noway: no
    Protein seems low though

@eelizabethk, I'm curious, you weight everyday? What are your stats? and goals
  • BeachIron
    Options
    Usually in the morning after I go to the bathroom. Could it be the sugar?

Both your protein and fat intake are low. I wouldn't focus on sugar so much as focusing on getting enough protein and fat.

Are you weighing your food portions? Not measuring, but weighing?

How much do you weigh, what is your height, and how much are you trying to lose?
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Are you estimating your portions, or do you use a food scale?

ETA: I also wouldn't worry too much about sugar.

This is the first place I would start with, if you are gaining weight then you are over estimating your intake....
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Right off the bat I see your carbs are high and your proteins are low. Then I looked a bit back into your diary. Some weekends you don't log at all. End of July/Beginning of August you were doing alot of quick added calories, which makes me wonder how you're adding your portions. Are you eyeballing it or are you using a food scale? A food scale will give you a more accurate reading for your calorie intake. You'd be surprised how off eyeballing is.

Also, in July, and even in some in August, I see you've been undercutting your calories. In July, it was alot. Meaning, you weren't even netting the bare minimum of 1200 calories. You need to really work on that.

And lastly, weight loss is not linear... some days will be up, some will be down, and some there'll be no change at all. Maybe you should stop weighing daily and go for weekly instead. Stop worrying over the scale. The weight will come off whether you weigh yourself or not.
  • eelizabethk
    Options
    Right now i am 5'6 and i weight 136 pounds my goal is to be around 125 - 120, but mainly to see muscle definition, whatever weight that may be.
  • eelizabethk
    Options
    I used to under eat alot and realized how it was harmful to my well-being. I now try to eat back all my exercise calories but stay under what MFP says so that i can lose 1 pound a week. Ever since upping my calories i have gained back almost all the pounds i lost by eating 1200 calories or under and i do measure my portions with measuring cups.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I think maybe instead of losing any more weight it might be good to work on your body composition if you arent happy with what you see in the mirror.

Do you have a good resistance training program? Lifting weights may help you accomplish what you are trying to achieve...along with eating properly.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I used to under eat alot and realized how it was harmful to my well-being. I now try to eat back all my exercise calories but stay under what MFP says so that i can lose 1 pound a week. Ever since upping my calories i have gained back almost all the pounds i lost by eating 1200 calories or under and i do measure my portions with measuring cups.

Get a food scale, measuring cups are at best an estimation....... Food scale is 20 bucks and worth every penny.....
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think?hl=eating+more+than+you+think&page=1#posts-13133781

Also, it's normal to gain back the weight you lost by crash dieting at first...

Measuring cups don't measure ounces of meat... Those are only meant to be used for liquids.. I'd recommend getting a digital kitchen scale and weighing everything that isn't a free-flowing liquid.
  • BeachIron
    Options
    Right now i am 5'6 and i weight 136 pounds my goal is to be around 125 - 120, but mainly to see muscle definition, whatever weight that may be.

Okay.

Would you consider a weight lifting program? Perhaps another strength training approach like a serious body weight regime? You will need to reduce body fat while maintaining your lean body mass and that occurs through a combination of resistance training and getting enough protein.

Look to get around 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass, and 0.35 grams of fat per pound of total body weight. Work to get your protein from whole food sources such as dairy, fish, tofu, and meat. Supplement only as necessary. Try to get plenty of healthy fats from olive oil, coconut oil, nuts and nut butters, and avocados. Don't be afraid of full fat dairy and whole eggs either.

ETA: Buy a food scale and use it as everyone is saying.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I think maybe instead of losing any more weight it might be good to work on your body composition if you arent happy with what you see in the mirror.

Do you have a good resistance training program? Lifting weights may help you accomplish what you are trying to achieve...along with eating properly.

This.

Also buy a food scale and use it. Measuring cups should be for free-pouring liquids only.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    You really need a food scale you cant measure meat with measuring cups. That is if you want to be accurate. perhaps also try drinking more water and watching sodium intake, and weighing yourself once a week on the scale. Your carbs are a little high not a bad thing but you could decrease them some and increase protein.