51 yr old couch potato and looking for friends and support

Options
Hi all I am a 51 year old mom and grandma who needs to lose approximately 80lbs. I know what to eat and have tried to lose but keep going up and down the same 5 pounds, getting frustrated and stopping. I need to incorporate exercise into my life and am at couch potato level. Need friends to keep me motivated and supported. thanks to all and glad to be part of this community. I would be happy to do what I can to support and motivate back at ya :)

Replies

• supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can add me! I am 49 and am on here every day. I have been working out for 32 years so I can help with advice if you ask :flowerforyou:
  • rmblackmt123
    rmblackmt123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Just remember you didn't gain it in 1 day, so it will take time to lose it. Just take every day as it comes and remember to say "good job" to yourself too!
  • leslilippthomas
    Options
    I am a 39 year old mom to 5 and I just started my lifestyle change almost 2 months ago. In a little less than 2 months I have lost 16#. I went from not working out at all to 6 days a week, and I love it. You will not believe the difference in energy and just your overall feeling of accomplishment you have about yourself. I love to encourage MFP friends and would love to be your friend... :) You can add me!!