Please suggest exercise for lower body

Options
Hey All,

I have uploaded few pics frm July 2010 in my profile.. Looking at them... I really feel concerned about reducing the size of my thighs... Gosh !! I cant imagine that I didnt realize when I was putting all this fat....

Well !! Its never too late to start.... I am really willing to make a good change in the shape of my body... It will be great if you can please suggest me some good DOABLE exercises considering my body shape....

Thank you all !!!

Replies

• Saraj8n
    Options
    Hey! RPM (cycling/spinning class)....does great work on your lower body and burns a lot of calories.
  • Hb154
    Options
    Try doing squats with dumb bells, they don't need to be heavy, just a comfortable amount for you. Do about as many squats you can do, and increase it each time.Also, lunges help. Hope this helps for the legs and butts! :)
  • Shaqueta
    Options
    my thighs are like 50lbs each, I'm trying to wear stomach sweat bands around them and walk over 10,000 steps a day. walking in the pool with ankle weights and doing step aerobics classes have taken off over 2 inches each leg in less than a month
  • simply_healthy
    simply_healthy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies...

I will be going for my first spinning class on wednesday....

I do squats... 15 reps / 2 sets. but I think I do them wrong... coz I kinda developed a lower back ache.... I think I just dont get the technique right :(
  • fxdl2k2
    fxdl2k2 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Go to ExerciseTV.tv and look for the 6 Round Slim Down. It is an intense cardio, core, and strength workout that spends quite a bit of time on the lower body, but also on the core and upper body for toning. I love it. I have Exercise TV on my cable and it is on free through mid-October. I am going to have to buy it $6.99 cost because it is the best workout I have found in a long time.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat hun. The shape you or the way fat is distributed on your body, is the shape you will always be, unless you have surgery/lipo to remove it.

I am also a pear shape and hold all my fat around my bum and thighs. Such is life. I've learned to love myself :love:

Having said that, you can tone your muscles and make the best of yourself.

I think squats are the best lower body exercise there is. They work your lower abs, through your bum, thighs, knees.

I've also been doing step aerobics and have noticed my thighs are getting more toned/slimmer.

As you lose weight you'll lose fat from everywhere too, so dont worry, I bet when you get to goal weight, you'll be happier with your shape :flowerforyou:

Good luck!
  • hmrtym
    hmrtym Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    spinning classes are great for calorie burn and leg toning!
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Brazil Butt Lift is great for slimming the thighs and lifting the butt.

Squats, Lunges, Travel lunges, burpees, Side standing leg lifts.

Yoga for Hips, Butt and Thighs : http://www.hulu.com/watch/38653/yoga-and-pilates-hips-buns-and-thighs-yoga#play-queue