Lumps on my abdomen! What are they?

No, I haven't been bitten by the Lumpy Space Princess, but I do have lumps on my tummy.
I've lost about 17 pounds so far, and my tummy is almost flat. But when I poke it, I can feel the lumps under my skin that I never noticed before, and they're all different sizes. They're not visible on the surface, but I can definitely feel them when they're poked.
Are the lumps just stubborn fat? Should I be concerned?

Replies

• Ack!!! I'm so sorry for the double-post!
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    If you're concerned about lumps in your body, you should see a doctor.
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    This is happening to me. My doctor thought they were sebaceous cysts. I never realized how lumpy I was until I lost weight.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    I have one, if it's the same thing you're talking about. No clue what it is and I assume it's nothing? Might be time to google...
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Yes, it could be the fat. Some people are lumpy. Feels like pebbles under the skin, but you can't see it outwardly. If you're truly concerned, you could ask your doctor, in case of cysts or such.
  • misti777
    misti777 Posts: 217 Member
    it could also be muscle, but i dont really know much about that kind of stuff. if its different shapes and sizes it probably wouldnt be like flex your abs and stuff and see if they contract or expand it could muscle if they do that
  • elisabeisme
    elisabeisme Posts: 308 Member
    Lyle McDonald talks about something similar. Does this sound like what you are experiencing?

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html

But as the folks above said, if it feels like something is not right, you might want your doctor to check it out.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Go.to.a.doctor. Lumps are serious business.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Dude idk
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    I got about eight bumps that are called abs, maybe you have abs to?
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Muscles showing themselves?
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    I would still blame LSP.
  • mom2dzbnwe
    mom2dzbnwe Posts: 129 Member
    Lyle McDonald talks about something similar. Does this sound like what you are experiencing?

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html

But as the folks above said, if it feels like something is not right, you might want your doctor to check it out.

Read THIS...when I started really dropping weight I had this...much less now
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    You don't even have a profile pic, so how are we supposed to diagnose anything without at least some sort of visual. You're just going to have to post some pics so we can look at it, tell you we don't know what it is, and then tell you to go see your doctor.
  • You don't even have a profile pic, so how are we supposed to diagnose anything without at least some sort of visual. You're just going to have to post some pics so we can look at it, tell you we don't know what it is, and then tell you to go see your doctor.

As I said before, they aren't visible on the surface. Everything looks 100% normal on the outside.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    You don't even have a profile pic, so how are we supposed to diagnose anything without at least some sort of visual. You're just going to have to post some pics so we can look at it, tell you we don't know what it is, and then tell you to go see your doctor.

As I said before, they aren't visible on the surface. Everything looks 100% normal on the outside.

So, what I hear you saying is...no pictures?